What's New- Now include short videos in your stories! Use your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad camera to take video clips from within Pictello, or choose video clips from your photo albums!
- Photos and videos you take within Pictello are now saved to your camera roll for easy use in other apps.
- Now you can pause while recording audio in Expert Mode!
- Improved progress information when importing and exporting large stories
App DescriptionPictello is a simple way to create visual stories and talking books. Each page in a Pictello Story can contain a picture, a short video, up to ten lines of text, and a recorded sound or text-to-speech using natural sounding voices. Stories can be shared with other Pictello users with iTunes File Sharing or via WiFi through Dropbox or a free account on the Pictello Sharing Server. Stories can be shared with non-Pictello users as PDF files through email, Dropbox, or iTunes File Sharing.
Pictello is developed for all ages and skill levels, so it is easy to use and requires no reading skills to locate and read stories. Pictello offers an easy visual story creation wizard so everyone can use pictures, video and sound to share important moments in their lives. An advanced editor gives full control of the editing capabilities.
*** Pictello is a universal app and can, without extra costs, be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad!
Pictello is localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish, and Dutch. Natural sounding Text to Speech voices for over 25 languages and dialects are available as free downloads in the app, including unique American, British, and Australian English and German children's voices co-developed by AssistiveWare! Pictello does not require an active Internet connection for story creation or playback.
Uses for Pictello stories include:
- Stories to teach social skills or to recall events
- Photo albums to allow non-speaking people to share their news and interests
- Sharing important events and memories with family who live far away
- Talking books
- Teaching narrative skills as part of a literacy or language skills curriculum
- Schedules, Task instructions, etc.
- Share stories or write group stories using iPad, iPhone 4 or 4S, or iPod touch 4G on a TV, VGA monitor or interactive white board (VGA adapter required)
- Create multilingual stories using text-to-speech or voice recordings
January 29, 2014 New version 2.1
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0
May 23, 2013 New version 1.7
May 22, 2013 New version 1.6
May 22, 2013 New version 1.7
October 16, 2010 Initial Release