What's New- Meet Jonas and Lea, the first German children's Text to Speech voices. Based on recordings by real children, Jonas and Lea provide natural-sounding speech for German stories. Co-developed by Acapela Group, AssistiveWare and Tobii Technology, these brand new voices are now available as free downloads in Pictello.
- New Australian English genuine children's Text to Speech voices co-developed by Acapela Group and AssistiveWare are also available, along with a new adult female Australian English voice. Liam, Olivia, and Lisa can be downloaded for free inside Pictello!
App DescriptionPictello is a simple way to create talking photo albums and talking books. Each page in a Pictello Story can contain a picture, up to five lines of text, and a recorded sound or text-to-speech using high-quality voices. Stories can be shared using iTunes File Sharing or via WiFi with other Pictello users through a free account on the Pictello Sharing Server. Stories can be shared with non-Pictello users as PDF files through email or iTunes File Sharing.
Pictello is developed for all ages and skill levels, so it is easy to use and requires no reading skills to locate and read stories. Pictello offers an easy visual story creation wizard so everyone can use pictures and sound to share important moments in their lives. An advanced editor gives full control of the editing capabilities.
*** Pictello is a universal app and can, without extra costs, be used on iPhone, iPod touch and iPad!
The current version of Pictello is localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish and Dutch. North American English male and female voices are included, with children's voices and voices for 25 other languages and dialects available as free downloads! Pictello does not require an active Internet connection for story creation or playback.
Uses for Pictello stories include:
- Stories to teach social skills or to recall events
- Photo albums to allow non-speaking people to share their news and interests
- Sharing important events and memories with family who live far away
- Talking books
- Teaching narrative skills as part of a literacy or language skills curriculum
- Schedules, Task instructions, etc.
- Share stories or write group stories using iPad, iPhone 4, or iPod touch 4G or later devices on a TV, VGA monitor or interactive white board (VGA adapter required)
- Create multilingual stories using text-to-speech or voice recordings
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0
May 23, 2013 New version 1.7
May 22, 2013 New version 1.6
May 22, 2013 New version 1.7
December 18, 2012 Price Decrease: $18.99 -> $12.99
October 16, 2010 Initial Release