148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: ELEGANT :: Read Our Full Review >>
Terminology is a dictionary and thesaurus application for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
What's NewWhat's new:
- "Avenir Next" font added when running on iOS 6.
- Minor tweaks to searching and user interface.
Please contact us at email@example.com with issues/feedback!
App Description### NOW WITH RETINA GRAPHICS FOR THE NEW IPAD! ###
Terminology is the perfect tool for anyone interested in honing their language. From writers working on the next great novel, to marketers crafting the perfect tagline.
Terminology is a browser for the English language. Part dictionary and part thesaurus, Terminology is designed to make it easy to explore words and phrases, diving down to more and less specific terms -- accessing the web and other apps for more detail and sharing.
### Terminology also available for the iPhone! ###
- Pleasant, book-like, readable interface.
- Offline use.
- Definitions, synonyms, antonyms and deeper word relations such as: more and less specific words, part, part of, members, member of, pertains to and other word relationships.
- Keep list of favorite words for quick access.
- History of terms browsed.
- Wildcard (?,*) searching.
- Spelling suggestions.
- Lookup words from Phraseology, Instapaper, Mr. Reader, Writing Kit and a growing list of other apps.
- Customizable font face and size.
- Customizable links to other reference and sharing apps.
- Customizable links to web resources for each term.
- #1 in the iPad Reference Category in US, Japan and 6 other countries.
- #25 in the iPad Top Paid Charts in US, #15 in Japan, Top 100 in over 20 countries.
- Listed in "New & Noteworthy", "What's Hot" and other App store feature sections.
4.5 out of 5 Mice
"Terminology is a good-looking app—replete with smart font choices, a pleasant minimalist look, and an eye-friendly color palette. If you want a dictionary on your iOS device, Terminology’s the one to pick."
"About as speedy and straightforward as a dictionary can be. Entries spring open instantly when tapped, and search results update dynamically as you type."
[Wired Magazine App Guide]
"I think I'll skip making the dictionary app. Terminology is too damn good. Everyone who said I should make it: go buy Terminology instead."
[Marco Arment, Instapaper](https://twitter.com/#!/marcoarment/status/59488958333190144)
"Using Terminology is like having that friend’s undivided attention as they help you find just the right word or turn of phrase that you’re looking for."
"4 1/2 out of 5 stars, ELEGANT"
"The features available in Terminology will make it one of your favorite Reference apps in no time."
"Terminology is lightning fast, has a great interface about it, and performs duties as a dictionary quite well. I would say it’s a completely safe buy, and...you should at least give it a try if you’re in need of a mobile dictionary."
"Terminology is an instant favorite for me on the iPad. It ticks off all the right boxes – a good, clear purpose, great design, and a pleasure to use."
August 2nd, 2010, [App of the Day](http://appoftheday.com/ipad/terminology)
Also, checkout [term.ly](http://term.ly), Terminology's online companion, providing an easy way to share words with short term.ly/word URLs.
Terminology's data is based on the Princeton University WordNet project. We love to hear your feedback, please contact us.
November 06, 2012 New version 2.2
July 07, 2012 New version 2.15
March 16, 2012 New version 2.12
March 03, 2012 New version 2.11
January 21, 2012 New version 2.1
July 13, 2010 Initial Release