Don't you just hate bugs! Well this release fixes up a ton that crept in last time.
Anyway, in the last release was...
We worked really hard on a much improved details screen giving you much more information. Now you can see if a flight is on time or late.
We also managed to work in some extra information from the aircraft that tells you some geeky things such as the outside air temperature! (Chilly!)
Some brand new airport boards are also in place now too!
Oh and we also managed to squeeze in an awesome iMessage app!
Is that enough?
We hope you've noticed that our coverage gets better and better too. Thank you to everyone that shares data and host receivers for us. Please let us know if you want to be a part of our network.
Thanks as always for all of your feedback and comments too. We do listen!
Each new version wipes out old reviews so please help us by leaving a new review. You should be prompted in a few days time!
We cannot reply to reviews so if you have any feedback for us please email email@example.com - we always reply.
Plane Finder tracks planes in real time around the world. Watch live moving planes on a worldwide map or use the camera AR view to ID planes above you. You can even play back past flights – all the way back to 2011.
The Plane Finder app launched in 2009 and was the first live flight tracking app - today there are millions of happy users all over the world. Plane Finder has been top rated and top ranking since 2009 and covers most of the world, tracking 12,000+ planes simultaneously.
Search by flight number, place name, airport, airline and aircraft or browse the map. (You can choose Apple or Google maps too!).
Simply tap a plane to see detailed flight and aircraft information including photographs or tap an airport to see live arrivals and departures boards.
Use Augmented Reality (AR) view to identify planes overhead using your device camera.
23 different plane markers are included and airline logos are displayed next to planes for easy identification.
Custom alerts are unlimited and free to use, so you can take a break from watching the air traffic and let the app notify you when a plane is in the air or nearby.
Powerful and unlimited custom filters are also free to use. You can create, save and name as many filters as you need for quick access to the planes you are interested in.
Add and browse bookmarks to saved locations around the globe to quickly navigate to areas or airports of interest. Handoff is supported too!
If you prefer a list view of planes to the map view, use the sortable List View. You can also rearrange the table columns for ease of use.
Watch your previous flights - all the way back to April 2011! Use playback to replay holiday flights, diversions, major incidents etc. You can also easily see the effects of storms, ATC strikes, volcanic ash clouds and more. Or just relax and use playback to view the flow of air traffic through the day.
FAA US and NATS UK aviation charts are available as an in app purchase as a visual alternative to standard maps.
Plane Finder has been featured by Gizmodo, CNN, GMA, BBC, Sunday Times, Mail on Sunday, CNET, Wired, GQ Magazine and many more. We have millions of happy users and Plane Finder is regularly updated with innovative new features. Our support team always listen to and reply to feedback.
At a glance our worldwide coverage includes -
• Europe 95% - realtime
• North America – 100% via slightly US delayed data – Nationwide realtime ADS-B network in place and capturing 95% of ADS-B equipped aircraft
• Rest of World – Excellent coverage in Australia, New Zealand, Central America, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, Dubai, India, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea, Maldives, Mauritius, Singapore, Hong Kong and many more countries
Plane Finder works by picking up real time ADS-B and MLAT signals used by aircraft to transmit positional data to land based receivers. This technology is faster than traditional radar and is used for air traffic control and navigation. ADS-B is not used by all airlines or aircraft, however this is changing and the number of aircraft tracked by ADS-B is increasing all of the time. Traditional radar type data in real time is also included for North America.
Disclaimer: The use of the information presented using Plane Finder is strictly limited to pursuing enthusiast activities (i.e. for entertainment purposes), which specifically exclude any activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others.
Under no circumstances will the developer of this application be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement.
- July 02, 2011 New version 2.53
- July 27, 2011 New version 2.60
- October 21, 2011 New version 2.62
- October 28, 2011 New version 2.63
- February 22, 2012 New version 3.0.0
- March 13, 2012 New version 3.0.1
- March 27, 2012 New version 3.0.2
- April 04, 2012 New version 3.0.3
- August 31, 2012 New version 3.1.0
- September 12, 2012 New version 3.1.1
- October 30, 2012 New version 3.2.0
- November 11, 2012 New version 3.2.1
- December 03, 2012 New version 3.2.2
- January 22, 2013 New version 3.3.0
- January 31, 2013 New version 3.3.1
- February 23, 2013 New version 3.4.0
- March 15, 2013 New version 3.5.0
- March 28, 2013 New version 3.5.1
- October 22, 2013 New version 7.0.0
- October 23, 2013 New version 7.0.1
- December 02, 2013 New version 7.0.2
- February 07, 2014 New version 7.0.3
- July 30, 2014 New version 7.2.1
- August 04, 2014 New version 7.2.2
- September 02, 2014 New version 7.3.0
- November 04, 2014 New version 7.4.0
- November 12, 2014 New version 7.4.1
- January 17, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- February 12, 2015 New version 7.4.4
- April 27, 2015 New version 7.4.5
- July 26, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- July 28, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- September 15, 2015 New version 9.0.0
- October 08, 2015 New version 9.1.0
- October 12, 2015 New version 9.1.1
- June 23, 2016 New version 9.2.1
- July 19, 2016 New version 9.3.0
- July 24, 2016 New version 9.3.1
- November 06, 2016 New version 9.4.1