Version 4.4.1. addresses an issue where Volume Purchase users were asked to login into iTunes at app launch.
This version also includes the new features recently introduced in version 4.4:
Version 4.4 adds full French support to Proloquo2Go, developed in collaboration with French and Canadian AAC experts. The app offers a Parisian French and a Canadian French vocabulary. All the powerful features that current users may already be familiar with are also available in the French version of Proloquo2Go:
• Crescendo™ vocabulary with 23 pre-programmed grid sizes and 3 vocabulary levels
• Easy transitioning between grid sizes and vocabulary levels to allow language development
• Motor planning support with core words in the same places along folders
• Configurable access to all French grammar
• Two regional vocabulary variants, Parisian French and Canadian French
• 17 French Text to Speech voices: 16 Parisian French and 1 Canadian French
• Two genuine Parisian French children’s voices, including many expressions to show emotion and sounds to use when playing
The vocabulary can be configured for English, Spanish or French. To support bilingual users the vocabulary can also be used in Canadian English and French, or North-American English and Spanish. Users are able to switch between the languages instantly, and even mix languages mid-sentence. AAC users that are immersed in different languages at home, work or school will have the opportunity to develop their communication abilities in English and French or Spanish to communicate more through all aspects of their lives.
While the Canadian French Crescendo™ vocabulary has been optimized for Canadian French, it retains the same hierarchy as English, making skills like navigation and categorization easily transferable between languages. And with the option to sync buttons between languages you can keep both languages up-to-date, with automatic translations for buttons that are part of the Crescendo™ vocabulary.
As always this update is free for existing users.
Proloquo2Go is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app. It provides a voice to over 150,000 individuals who cannot speak. The app is designed to promote language development and grow communication skills. Its innovative features support users, parents, teachers and therapists to quickly personalize the vocabulary and settings.
“Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately” – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
Proloquo2Go is used by people with autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy and other diagnoses. It is available in English, Spanish and French, including regional and bilingual support.
Did you know that 200 to 400 words account for 80% of what we say? And that most of these core words are not nouns but verbs, pronouns, prepositions, etc.? Proloquo2Go’s research-based Crescendo™ vocabulary puts core words front and center for easy access. Core words combined with AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication) best practices can greatly improve the user’s language development and communication skills. And this is not only for trained therapists; parents, siblings, teachers, friends and peers can and should participate too! Find out more at bit.ly/core-words.
Growth of communication skills
Proloquo2Go is one of the few AAC apps that covers all users, from beginning to advanced communicators. Its research-based Crescendo™ vocabulary offers three levels: Basic Communication, Intermediate Core and Advanced Core. To make sure the user’s language skills grow and the user doesn’t become stuck at a specific vocabulary level or grid size, it’s easy to switch levels and grid sizes within the same vocabulary while retaining your customizations.
To support language development, we have created templates to keep core words on a consistent place throughout the vocabulary. This takes advantage of one of the ways we learn how to do things - motor planning. We have used these templates for the folders we created, but you can also use them to create folders yourself. In addition, Proloquo2Go offers full grammar support that is customizable to the user’s level.
We have pre-programmed Proloquo2Go with over 10,000 words, so you only need to do some fine-tuning to personalize the vocabulary. To add your own buttons you have access to more than 20,000 SymbolStix symbols or use your own photos. You can quickly create new pages with our (activity) templates. Use the many accessibility settings like scanning for users with fine-motor challenges or Apple’s VoiceOver for users with vision impairments. Buttons, pages, navigation and access - it can all be customized with just a few taps.
• Research-based vocabulary with three levels
• 23 pre-programmed grid sizes
• Core words located consistently throughout the vocabulary for motor planning
• Quick and easy customization
• Many accessibility features for users with fine-motor and visual impairments
• Customizable grammar support for verbs, nouns, pronouns and adjectives
• More than 60 natural-sounding free Text to Speech voices, including children’s voices
We don’t leave you after purchase - our support team is available 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org and always happy to help. To get started watch our free e-learning videos and have a look at our PDF tutorials. Our AssistiveWare Core Word Classroom provides you with resources for AAC implementation. You can also connect with peers on our closed Facebook groups.
Find more detailed info at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo2go. Discounts are available through Apple’s educational Volume Purchase Program. Joan Bruno’s Gateway to Language & Learning© vocabulary is available via in-app purchase (English only).
- March 07, 2011 New version 1.5
- September 30, 2010 New version 1.4.1
- September 02, 2010 New version 1.4
- April 15, 2010 New version 1.3.1
- April 01, 2010 New version 1.3
- February 12, 2010 New version 1.2
- September 17, 2009 Price increase: $149.99 -> $189.99
- September 17, 2009 New version 1.1
- July 15, 2009 New version 1.0.3
- June 26, 2009 New version 1.0.2
- May 02, 2009 New version 1.0.1
- June 25, 2011 New version 1.5
- July 23, 2011 New version 1.6
- November 02, 2011 New version 1.7
- November 10, 2011 New version 1.7.1
- December 05, 2011 New version 1.7.2
- February 17, 2012 New version 1.8
- April 29, 2012 New version 1.8.5
- June 20, 2012 New version 2.0
- June 29, 2012 New version 2.0.1
- July 11, 2012 New version 2.0.2
- July 26, 2012 New version 2.1
- September 09, 2012 New version 2.1.2
- November 14, 2012 New version 2.2
- December 03, 2012 New version 2.2.1
- December 07, 2012 New version 2.2.2
- January 31, 2013 New version 2.3
- May 02, 2013 New version 3.0
- May 19, 2013 Price increase: $189.99 -> $219.99
- May 23, 2013 New version 3.0.1
- June 13, 2013 New version 3.0.2
- September 12, 2013 New version 3.0.3
- September 14, 2014 New version 3.0.4
- October 24, 2014 New version 3.0.5
- April 02, 2015 Price decrease: $219.99 -> $109.99
- April 03, 2015 Price increase: $109.99 -> $219.99
- April 03, 2015 Price decrease: $219.99 -> $109.99
- April 03, 2015 Price increase: $109.99 -> $219.99
- April 30, 2015 New version 4.0
- April 30, 2015 Price increase: $219.99 -> $249.99
- May 18, 2015 New version 4.0.1
- September 16, 2015 New version 4.0.2
- September 30, 2015 New version 4.1
- September 30, 2015 Price decrease: $249.99 -> $124.99
- October 03, 2015 Price increase: $124.99 -> $249.99
- November 01, 2015 New version 4.1.1
- November 21, 2015 New version 4.2
- March 09, 2016 New version 4.3
- April 02, 2016 Price decrease: $249.99 -> $124.99
- April 05, 2016 Price increase: $124.99 -> $249.99
- October 05, 2016 New version 4.4
- October 05, 2016 Price decrease: $249.99 -> $124.99
- October 08, 2016 Price increase: $124.99 -> $249.99
- December 14, 2016 New version 4.4.1