Updated additional Facebook features.
Resilience Training. Powered by the Science of Games.
Join nearly a million people who have played SuperBetter so far to build resilience, achieve goals, and tackle challenges including anxiety, depression, stress, chronic pain, concussion recovery and more. We make the Original SuperBetter available for free to anyone around the world.
►► Message from the SuperBetter team
We’re a small but mighty team and our reality means prioritizing resources on alliances to bring SuperBetter to new populations. That’s how we keep the lights on and grow our impact. We do our best to maintain the Original SuperBetter as a free service, but the apps can sometimes be buggy. If you have issues on your device, try the website.
►► Everyone has heroic potential
SuperBetter builds resilience - the ability to stay strong, motivated and optimistic even in the face of change and difficult obstacles. Playing SuperBetter unlocks heroic potential to overcome tough situations and achieve goals that matter most.
Created by award-winning game designer Jane McGonigal, SuperBetter is powered by the Live Gamefully® method; a framework that activates the psychological strengths of game play to build resilience and be stronger for life. Proven results in just minutes a day.
►► Why play SuperBetter?
Here are some reasons people are using SuperBetter:
- To adopt a new habit, learn or improve a skill, strengthen a relationship, make a physical or athletic breakthrough, complete a meaningful project, or pursue a lifelong dream.
- To beat depression, overcome anxiety, manage stress, cope with chronic pain, heal from physical injury, or recover from post-traumatic stress.
- To overcome a life challenge like finding a new job, surviving divorce, dealing with a career or school setback, or grieving a loss.
- To help others - therapists refer SuperBetter to patients and educators bring the method to campuses and classrooms to build student resilience and social-emotional learning.
►► What does it mean to Live Gamefully?
To Live Gamefully means bringing the same mindset and psychological strengths naturally displayed when playing games – such as optimism, creativity, courage, and determination – to real life. It means having the courage and openness to try different strategies to discover what works best. It means collaborating with allies, and building up the resilience to tackle tougher and tougher challenges with greater and greater success.
►► SuperBetter is backed by science
SuperBetter is validated in published studies to build resilience, improve mental health, and support recovery.
In a randomized controlled trial at the University of Pennsylvania and a clinical trial at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, playing SuperBetter improved seven pathways to higher resilience including optimism, self-efficacy, perceived social support, life satisfaction, less anxiety, fewer symptoms of depression and less hopelessness.
In a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials evaluating smartphone apps for depression, SuperBetter had the greatest effect among 22 apps for reducing symptoms of depression. In a similar meta-analysis, SuperBetter had the greatest effect among 9 apps for reducing symptoms of anxiety.
You can find links to the studies at SuperBetter.com/Science.
• Identify and go for epic wins
• Adopt a secret identity
• Recruit allies for support
• Choose PowerPacks or design your own activities
• Activate power-ups, battle bad guys, and complete quests each day
• Build and track four types of resilience
• Join the SuperBetter Official Community Group
- June 24, 2012 Initial release
- June 28, 2012 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- July 21, 2012 New version 1.0.1
- August 12, 2012 New version 1.0.2
- September 13, 2012 New version 1.0.3
- November 13, 2012 New version 1.0.4
- December 18, 2012 New version 1.0.5
- February 07, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- February 12, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- April 12, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $4.99
- April 24, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- April 29, 2013 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- June 26, 2014 New version 1.1
- August 29, 2015 New version 1.1.1
- September 15, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> FREE!
- September 16, 2015 New version 1.1.2
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.1.9