• Redesigned UI - a cleaner, more legible dial
• A new Apple Watch app to let you quickly check your speed without taking out your iPhone - great for cyclists
• Supports split-screen multitasking on iPad
If you enjoy this app, please leave a review!
Speed is a drop-dead simple speedometer for iOS that uses the location data from the GPS to provide a near-accurate representation of how fast you're actually traveling.
Featuring lush graphics and a clear, legible display. Speed has an inbuilt compass and odometer/tripmeter. With support for miles, kilometers and knots, Speed is the perfect road, sea or air speedometer.
Simply swipe the screen upwards to reveal the settings pane.
New in 4.0, use the Watch app to quickly check your speed without taking out your iPhone - great for cyclists!
As this works using the GPS, you will have to be moving at a certain minimum speed for it to register - walking or running generally won't work. An iPhone or iPad WiFi+Cellular with a GPS is required for this app; it will not work with a WiFi-only iPad.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
STUCK AT 0?
Verify that you have allowed location services for Speed in the Settings application. Also make sure you have good GPS coverage!
- June 14, 2014 Initial release
- September 22, 2014 New version 3.1
- November 10, 2014 New version 3.1.1
- October 07, 2015 New version 4.0
- November 15, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- December 22, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99