• Added "Record Movie" option in the main Menu. This will make a screen recording of the app and save it to your Photos.
• Added animations that can be invoked by double tapping the center top, left, bottom and right edges.
• Added keyboard shortcuts on iOS for use when paired with a bluetooth keyboard. See Help for the list of shortcuts
• Improved rendering of the thick and thin disks and the dust clouds.
• Improved zooming behavior, especially when zooming into the galactic bulge.
• Fixed a couple of night vision issues.
• Updates to the Help.
Our Galaxy is a unique app for both amateur astronomers and astronomy educators. It helps you visualize the 3-dimensional locations of deep sky objects in and around our galaxy, and provides you with an understanding of their physical properties. It addition, it illustrates the structural components of the Galaxy, including the thin disk, thick disk, galactic bulge and stellar halo.
The 3-D interface allows you to see where the cluster or nebula of interest is located relative to the center and plane of the Galaxy. By panning around, or moving closer to or farther away from the object, you derive a sense of where the object really is in 3-dimensional space.
The app enhances the observing experience by helping the user arrive at an intuitive sense of physical location, size, luminosity, and distance for the chosen object. It also serves as a great tool for education and outreach with its unusual visual perspective on the location of deep sky objects and their relationship to the center and plane of our galaxy.
See more videos and screenshots at the otherwise.com website.
Our Galaxy is also available of macOS.
- March 01, 2020 Initial release
- March 25, 2020 New version 1.1