Updated 4 cards based on a clarification from the designer:
- Fugitive Slave Law
- Social Elites
- Russell of the Times
- Seizing Federal Armories
Plus additional minor bug fixes
Can you drive the Secessionist into the Fort Sumter trap that gave Lincoln his historic victory? Can you successfully use the issue of States Rights to divide Northern opinion? Fort Sumter let’s you explore this seminal moment in American history in a fast-playing, easy-to-learn game.
The country is on the verge of being torn apart so how will you act? Fort Sumter: The Secession Crisis is set during the events that led to the bombardment of Fort Sumter and the start of the American Civil War. The game takes the side of either a Unionist or Secessionist who must work to preserve the Union or follow the path to dissolve it.
Each player uses an area control mechanic to place, move, and remove political capital. The location of political capital determines who controls each of the four crisis dimensions - Political, Secession, Public Opinion, and Armaments. After three rounds of play, the game culminates in a Final Crisis confrontation.
CDG (Card Driven Game) system designed by Mark Herman
Civil War Historical setting depicts the actual events of the crisis
Immersive voice over and audio that recreates the sound of that era
A.I. Opponent for Offline Play
Asynchronous or Real Time 2-player Online Game Play
**AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND PLAYDEK ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED FOR ONLINE PLAY**
Per our Terms of Service, you must be 13 years old or older to use the Playdek online games service.
- May 22, 2019 Initial release
- June 13, 2019 New version 1.0.1
- June 25, 2019 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $3.99
- June 29, 2019 New version 1.0.2
- August 16, 2019 Price increase: $3.99 -> $6.99
- August 19, 2019 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $2.99
- September 28, 2019 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- October 28, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- November 04, 2019 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99
- December 24, 2019 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $1.99
- January 07, 2020 Price increase: $1.99 -> $4.99