Tag: Street View »
A new app from FutureTap brings the street view back to iOS. Street View is a new app that integrates with Apple Maps and allows you to display street view panoramas by launching the app straight from the iOS Maps app.
- New Universal app for iPhone and iPad: “Street View” 1.0
- Launched directly from the Maps app
- Displays Street View panoramas in worldwide locations
- Searches cities, addresses or contacts
- Selection of 300+ gallery panoramas
- Supports indoor panoramas with multiple levels
- Corner mini map displays current position, viewing angle and field of view
- Integration with the location finder “Where To?”
- Price: $0.99
At this week's Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Garmin has announced that it will be adding Google Street View to all Navigon apps later this Spring. This new addition will allow users to get a close-up view of their destinations before they depart, letting them zoom in on target buildings or cross streets so they can more easily spot a previously unvisited locale.A specific launch date for the update was not given, but it should be arriving soon.
This upgrade is a godsend to people like me who really want a street-level view of unvisited locations. It's just so much easier, in my opinion, to find the place you're looking for when you've seen the building, know what side of the street it is on and can see what other buildings and landmarks are nearby. This addition makes an already impressive GPS app even better, and it's getting really hard for just about everyone else out there to compete with Garmin's Navigon offerings.