Posted by Rob LeFebvre on November 26th, 2012 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
This app looks like a ton of fun, and it’s 50% off to celebrate its launch. While $15 may seem like a lot to be the sale price, these types of professional music apps tend to be a bit on the more expensive side of things. Korg has a rep for quality, though, so if you’re a musician, you might want to check this out now.
● The world-wide best-selling Polysix polyphonic synthesizer, fully replicated on your iPad
● Use the newly developed Polyseq polyphonic step sequencer to control the Polysix
● A music production environment including two Polysix units, a drum machine, and a mixer
● Dual Kaoss Pads with chordal support make it easy for anyone to play analog synth sounds
● Polyshare powered by SoundCloud lets you publish, share, and remix songs with iPolysix users
Noted synthesizer and keyboard manufacturer Korg has announced a new iPad-compatible MIDI keyboard for use with various iPad music apps. The microKEY25 is a 25-key MIDI keyboard with a joystick, octave adjustment buttons, arpeggiator and sustain buttons. The keys themselves are velocity-sensing, designed to play chords, and to be customizable using Korg KONTROL Editor software for PC and Mac.
The keyboard connects to the iPad by way of its USB output to the Camera Connection Kit’s USB adapter. When used with MIDI-compatible apps, like Korg’s own iMS-20, it can send keyboard commands to play music and use its key functions to adjust various commands. It is compatible with GarageBand and its built-in MIDI keyboard support. Use VidRhythm to remix videos with the microKEY25. Cross the streams, and use a Korg keyboard to control Animoog! Any app that supports the iOS CoreMIDI framework introduced in iOS 4.2 can be used with a MIDI controller such as this, making it a portable and low-cost option for on-the-go musicians. The keyboard will be available from select music retailers for $69.99.