With the Apple Watch set to become available (kind of) very, very soon, it's no surprise to see more and more apps and games updating to support the new device. Some of them seem a bit odd, though. Like Asphalt 8? Really?
Tag: Gameloft »
Battle Odyssey, Gameloft'snewest puzzle RPG, is coming to the App Store next week. Set in the world of Pondera, you will need to control the power of the elements to defend the world from evil. You'll be able to entlist over 500 allies to aid you in your quest to save the world, and each one comes with their own elemental affinities and powers. It plays similarly to a match-3, where you connect like-colored Orbs to battle. You can play the story or challenge your friends in PvP, and eventually Gameloft plans to add limited-time events and special events that can earn your rare allies.
Battle Odyssey will launch next Thursday, April 23.
Despicable Me: Minion Rush, by Gameloft, is introducing a new runner to the mix in their latest update. Now you can play as Carl, the prankster minion. Carl has a few new abilities to play with, includingrunning at a higher speed from the start. Gameloft has also added Eduardo's House as a new area. You'll be able to race through the infamousEl Macho's home and find secret areas.
Carl is also all ready for April Fool's Day. You'll need to collect Chili Peppers, Piñatas, and Fireworks to play pranks on the Minions, get awards, unlock funny gags, and progress the story!
You can download Despicable Me: Minion Rush for free on the App Store.
Are you still trying to decide if this is the kind of game for you? Check out our Age of Sparta review!
Just downloaded Age of Sparta and not sure what the best path to success and glory is? Don’t worry, we’ve got some handy tips and tricks on how to get there - and you can have fun while you’re doing it!
- Follow the Quests - It’s such a simple thing but they really do make a difference. Besides teaching you the basics, they’re a great way of gaining money and experience quickly. And you want to level up as fast as possible, especially early on.
- Maximize your layout - The game likes to encourage you to place things quite randomly, but an organized layout helps a lot. You can save space, thereby saving you from buying extra land plots, plus a close knit layout works well with boosters.
- Boosters, you say? - Yup, they’re incredibly useful. They’re decorative pieces but you can use them to increase the efficiency of nearby buildings. Their effects can stack, plus you can use one to cover many different buildings, providing you place things carefully.
- Build plenty of income-gaining buildings - These include things such as wheat farms, vineyards, and other production based buildings. You can use the revenue you gain this way to train soldiers, as well as build more structures for ultimate profit.
- Faith buildings are handy, too - They generate energy that you can then use in battle. Don’t forget those boosters, either!
- Work towards level 10 as quickly as possible - You can join an alliance then, and backup is always handy!
- As with many games of this type, you have a protective shield stopping PvP attacks early on. Take advantage of it by building up your city and resources while no one else can pick on you just yet.
Gameloft has excitedly announced that Dungeon Hunter 5 is on its way! Once again, you will adventure across the land of Valenthia exploring dungeons and fighting monsters. The game will have a new asynchronous multiplayer mode called Strongholds which lets you create a customizable base that you can defend and raid your opponents bases. There will also be a new evolution system for your gear so you can upgrade as you go. Dungeon Hunter 5 comes with a single player campaign with 5 realms and tons of dungeons. If you don't want to go it alone, you can hire friends or other players as allies.
Dungeon Hunter 5 will be available on March 12th for iOS.
Cars: Fast as Lightning, by Gameloft, is speeding to a new venue: Russia. You'll get to meet the newest member of Cars - Pyotr Racinov, the Russian Racer - in this new frosty update. The game will be getting new racer customers, new Russian themed decorations, and the new ICE track. And of course there will be plenty to do, including the Moscow ICE events.
You can download Cars: Fast as Lightning for free to join in the wintry fun.
Gameloft is releasing a new tycoon war game, called Age of Sparta. You'll need to convince men and gods to work together to fend off the armies Xerxes and protect Greece.
The game gives you a wide variety of buildings that produce items, population, or military - including Infantry, air, and god units. it also allows you to attack or ally with other players around the world and compete against them on the leader boards. To buy items, units, and buildings you'll need to create a steady source of coins and faith, but if you can't wait you'll be able to purchase gems or gain them in quests to skip wait times and buy premium items.
You'll be able to download Age of Sparta very soon.
New Update Features:
- 8 NEW Spiders including Spider-Punk, Anya Corazon, Classic Spider-Woman, and Earth X Spider-Man!
- Make the ultimate subway run! Experience the all-new realistic subway environment straight from New York City.
- Jennix and Daemos are the latest Inheritors to enter the dimension! They join their brothers, Morlun and Karn, as the brain and brawn of the family and look to devour every Spider-Man ever!
- Go deeper into the Spider-Verse comics than ever before, featuring a new rivalry between two Spider-Men in new narrative events!
- Another upcoming Community Vote lets the fans decide which new Spider will make an appearance. Coming soon!
We had an opportunity to review Spider-Man Unlimited last year, and mostly liked it. The game is available for free (with optional in-app purchases) on the App Store.
Gameloft has just unveiled Dungeon Hunter 5, a new addition to their mobile hack 'n' slash franchise. Playing as a 'common-guy' bounty hunter following on from the events of Dungeon Hunter 4, the game is set to feature improved graphics, new animations 'built from the ground up', and all new weapons and effects.
Players will also be the owners of their own dungeon 'hideouts' in the new multiplayer mode, where they'll aim to defend their loot whilst stealing from others. Each hideout is designed by the player, with the ultimate goal of an attacker being to defeat the owner of the hideout at the end and claim some of their loot as their own. This loot can then be used in the new weapon fusing system, which allows players to combine and level-up their weaponry.
Dungeon Hunter 5 is set to slash its way onto the App Store later this year. Players can pre-register for the game now, which gives them the opportunity to work toward exclusive launch day items including concept art and a minion to help protect their loot.
In Gameloft's upcoming Dragon Mania Legends, your goal is to become the best dragon breeder in all of Dragolandia. Hatch, raise, and train your adorable baby dragon for battle with invading Vikings. There are over 100 species of dragons to breed and you'll be able to test out their strength against other players in the Arena.
You'll start out on your own island, building up a training ground for your dragon, but when your dragon is ready to fight you can start exploring the many areas available to you. Dragon Mania Legends looks like a cute addiction to the Gameloft catalog.
Adopt your baby dragon when Dragon Mania Legends launches tomorrow.
Gameloft is giving the gift of updates to Asphalt 8: Airborne. The update features Pro Kits that let you exceed your car’s previous max specs, 11 new Cars including the Tramontana XTR and Arrinera Hussarya, a new location, a new token system, and 3 winter-themed tracks.
The token system lets you earn tokens by playing events or buying them in the shop. You can then use the tokens to acquire exclusive cars, refill Fuel, or buy Boosters.
You can get in on the Asphalt 8: Airborne holiday action by downloading it for free now.
Gameloft's Spider-Man Unlimited has gotten its first Spider-Verse connected content update.
In this free-to-play runner, you'll now have to survive "The Great Hunt" where you battle the villainous Inheritors. The update includes eight new Spider-Men from the Spider-Verse comics, including Ultimate Spider-Man, Silk, and Spider-UK. That brings the total of choices to 26 playable Spider-Characters!
That's a lot of spideys.
You can download Spider-Man Unlimited for free on the App Store now.
Gameloft has added a bunch of new things to Heroes of Order & Chaos. The popular Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) will now feature two new Heroes: Kurzdor, the Dark Diviner Mage, and Equellia, the Storm Celestial Mage. Kurzdor uses plague and disease magic while Equellia relies on the power of lightning. The game also has an updated interface, new lottery rewards, and Gameloft has balanced a few other things based on player feedback.
For the holidays, Heroes of Order & Chaos will also be filled with surprise items, limited time skins, an anniversary skin, and rewards from limited-time events.
There is a lot to check out in the updated Heroes of Order & Chaos, which is available for free on the App Store.