Block Fortress War is coming soon, bringing a redesigned spin-off of the original Block Fortress. In a forum post on Touch Arcade, Foursaken Media said that it blends MOBA, RTS, and block-building gameplay together in both single and multiplayer modes. It features four different races that each have their own traits and abilities, and each race has three unique heroes to choose from.
Once players get themselves in combat, they’ll send their squads out to build key resources on the map and fortify them with blocks and turrets. Whoever gains control of the map is more likely to gather all the resources to use in destroying the enemy’s base.
Block Fortress War is set for a tentative release in December of this year.
Just like their motto says, Foursaken Media makes some awesome iOS games. From Bug Heroes to Block Fortress, their library is full of excellence. And now we’ve got their upcoming “Pokemon + Roguelike + Action/RPG,” Monster Adventures, to look forward to.
It’s been a long time coming, but the developer recently announced the game’s official release date via Twitter so now we know it’s just around the corner. October 10 to be exact.
It’s good to know Monster Adventures is almost here, but it’s still going to feel like a loooong couple of weeks.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on May 13th, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Heroes and Castles receives the biggest update yet, says App Advice. The update to the popular strategy game adds three more heroes, including a female assassin that can sneak in, kill, and sneak out. There is also a campaign that features a new environment with new enemies, though you must first beat the previous campaign before you are able to unlock this one. Additionally, there’s a new versus and co-op map along with new ally units and upgrade levels for units and buildings.
• New hero added: Barbarian – Get in the fray and build your strength to untold levels!
• New hero added: Druid – Use the power of nature to support your allies and destroy the enemy!
• New co-op and versus map to battle on!
• New ally units! Destroy the enemy with a Dwarven Tank, hit long range targets with the Hunter, hold the line with armored Dwarven foot soldiers, or achieve victory with the powerful magic of 2 new Wizard classes!
• 3 powerful new upgrade levels for units and buildings! Take your units to new levels to match your high level heroes!
• Dynamic, real time shadows added to high gen devices for even better graphics!
• Evil units in versus mode now scale up slightly along with the the Evil hero, to help compensate for additional Good unit upgrades