CBS announced today a second screen app that will let you connect with all CBS shows while watching them. It’s iPad-only, but it offers aggregated Twitter and Facebook chats across the CBS daytime, primetime, and late-night shows, as well as fully synced second screen features for shows like CSI, Hawaii Five-0, and NCIS: Los Angeles, with more on the way.
The app’s second-screen features include:
· The opportunity to take a deeper look at elements of an episode which play a key role in the story but may only appear on screen for a split second
· Episode-specific insights and anecdotes provided by the shows’ creative teams
· Behind-the-scenes access for each episode, such as photos, videos and maps
· Spotlights on key locations and sets, like the NCIS: LOS ANGELES Ops Center
· The ability to easily follow and track social comments from the shows’ stars and creative talent
· Character back-stories, quizzes, polls and more