The app allows one to access all the media on one’s iPhone, and to start creative projects. Also, more media can be captured via the app itself, and projects can be transferred between the iPhone and the iPad via AirDrop. Storyboarding has also been made easy and seamless.
Pinnacle product development chief Michel Yavercovski promises users won’t have to settle for pared-down functionality on mobile devices. “Pinnacle Studio is the ideal app for anyone looking for true video editing power on their iPhone,” he says. “Unlike other mobile video editing apps, Pinnacle Studio doesn’t make you sacrifice features and control just because you’re editing on your iPhone. For the first time, you can enjoy sophisticated anywhere, anytime movie-making capabilities, right in your pocket.”
Additionally, Corel has updated the iPad version of the app, rebuilding it for iOS 7 and offering a redesigned UI and 64-bit power processing.
The new Pinnacle Studio for iPhone app is available on the App Store for $9.99.
Posted by Tre Lawrence on April 8th, 2014 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
IGG Software, makers of mobile money management app iBank for iPad, has updated the app with some new features. Now users can search transactions by a specific account or globally, use new management categories, and enjoy auto-fill functionality.
To mark the update, iBank is going on sale for a limited time. From now through Thursday, April 10, you can grab it from the App Store for 50% off ($9.99).
Posted by Tre Lawrence on March 25th, 2014 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
Two Lives Left has updated Codea to version 2.0. The updated iteration brings in iOS stylings to the app; it now also features full 64-bit support, as well as more features that can be found in the extensive list below.
• Codea now features a brand new unified asset system that supports sounds, music, images and more
• Music API for playing background music in popular formats
• Three fantastic new sound and music packs for you to use in your games — composed especially for Codea
Completely New Code Editor
• Intelligent autocomplete picks up all your variables, locals and nested types
• In-line errors show up live as you code
• Smart indentation and scope completion
• Most editor keys can be long-pressed for more options
• Support for multi-line comments
• Fix your code layout with the new Re-Indent feature
• Find and Replace: access via the search button on the keyboard
• Location API: access GPS data in Codea
• displayMode(OVERLAY): use this for a transparent sidebar in your projects
• Codea now uses double precision floating point
• Projects can be sorted by recently opened, or by name
• Z-level supported in setContext
• Bluetooth Keyboard Shortcut support (see Getting Started section for a full list)
• Codea has lost weight: Codea 2.0 is 23 MB, compared with 36 MB for the old version
• Air Code respects your editor theme choice (light or dark)
• Shader Lab can bind arrays, and will tell you about failed bindings
• Shader compilation errors are printed as warnings in your projects
• Dark keyboard style for dark theme
• Many, many fixes. Including the wrapped line issue in code editor
Codea is a unique code editor that allows user to create and tweak projects right on their OS devices. It incorporates several features to make the mobile experience enjoyable. It is available for $9.99 on the App Store.
Posted by Stephen Hall on March 12th, 2014 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
Space Hulk is adventure enough by itself (at least according to our review), but the iPad game’s latest update includes a new expansion pack called Space Wolves – adding an entirely new campaign and other features to the original game.
Space Wolves includes the “Fangs of Fenris” campaign, which is made up of 3 completely new missions set in a “cool and chilly environment.” Along with the missions, Space Wolves also comes with 11 new unique terminators, brutal new weapons such as the Frost Axe and Wolf Claw, and new skills Murderous Lighting and Hurricane that come via a “Runepriest.” Additionally, the expansion includes new “chapter specific rules,” attempting to add an entirely new dimension to the game.
You can get this hit turn-based strategy game on the App Store for $9.99, and the Space Wolves expansion pack is going to run you an additional $4.99.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on January 31st, 2014 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
2K is celebrating the Chinese New year by reducing the price for 6 of its mobile titles for a limited time only. Users can now pick up Civilization Revolution, NHL 2K11, and Sid Meier’s Pirates! for $1.99, 2K Drive for $0.99, NBA 2K14 for $3.99, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown for $9.99. Now go enjoy some alien eliminating, hard checking, three point shooting discounted mobile games!
Posted by Rob Rich on December 20th, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Get ready to make sweet, sweet music as GrooveMaker 2 has worked its way onto the App Store. With a completely updated interface and a number of handy features (see below for a full list), including the ability to record your own loops and a new Effects interface, it might just be the ideal audio mixing app for users who are into that sort of thing.
You can grab GrooveMaker 2 off the App Store now for $9.99.
• Completely redesigned interface
• Single application allows you to have all your loop collections in one place, with in-app purchase
• 16 Packs available in 70 song collections including styles like EDM, Dubstep, House, Hip Hop, Techno, Trance, Electro, D’n’B, Reggae, Reggaeton, Rock plus artist packs (4 built-in Songs plus 16 packs available for in-app purchase) • New Matrix interface for simplified loop remixing by drawing
• New flexible management of the Randomix algorithm
• Now single loop duration can be freely set
• New groove duration can be freely set from 1/2 bar to 8 bars, with new 1/4 to 1/32 live-loop functions on saved grooves for dramatic effects
• 16 FX with automation and touch-pad like interface (10 Filter FX built-in effect plus 6 more available for in-app purchase) • New IMPORT functions allow you to easily import audio files or record your own, and integrate them with the existing collection
• New high-quality time-stretch for seamless groove tempo variation from 50% to 200% of original BPM without affecting the pitch
• New real-time recorder
• New master control with Compressor, EQ and Filter
• New sharing features includes Audio Copy, E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud
• Compatible with Audiobus, Inter-App Audio and X-Sync
Posted by Rob Rich on December 16th, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
GIVEAWAY: We’ve got four copies of KOTOR to give away! Share/retweet this post on Twitter to be eligible to win. We will send out codes to the winners on Wednesday.
Heads-up, Jedi masters! It’s just been confirmed that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic is getting a very substantial update. How substantial, you ask?
First and foremost, it’s going Universal. So if you don’t have an iPad and have been using anything including a 5th Gen iPod Touch or an iPhone 4S and above, good news! The interface is also being tweaked so that the text will display better on smaller devices, and it’s even going to support widescreen formats for the iPhone 5 and 5s! In addition, many of the graphical elements such as lighting and shadows are being dressed up for devices using the new A7 processor (iPad Air, Retina Mini, iPhone 5s). There have also been rumblings of MFi controller support, although it’s still considered to be in the experimental stages.
So when is all this going to be available? Really, really soon. Like this week soon. If the stars align, the update will go live this Thursday, December 19.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on December 9th, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
SmartDay gets a new universal update that brings a brand-new version of the app over to the iPad. The update adds new iOS 7 features that include location, AirDrop, and background checking. It also includes a timer for auditing, mapkit for location-based alerts, and TimeZone support.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on December 3rd, 2013 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
PDF Expert 5 – Fill forms, annotate PDFs, sign documents is the latest release from Readdle that offers a new PDF editor, file manager, and a review mode. This allows users to to annotate and edit PDF documents right on their iPad along with highlighting important sections, inserting text and stamps, and signing and merging PDFs. The app even lets users open file formats like iWork, MS Office, Power Point, text files, images, music, and video files.
PDF Expert 5 is now available to download for $9.99.
Full Control’s Space Hulk is set to release for the iPad this December 5 at the price point of $9.99, reports Pocket Gamer. It offers players turn-based tactical combat in a 12 mission single player campaign – as well as cross-platform multiplayer with Mac and PC players – where they control a squad of Space Marine Terminators who are out to complete missions and slaughter Genestealers in a wrecked space hulk.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on November 21st, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
Disney Interactive has released Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse on the App Store, making it available to download for $9.99. This reimagining of the SEGA Genesis classic takes players on an adventure with Mickey Mouse across five worlds full of Mizrabel’s minions as they attempt to save the kidnapped Minnie. There are also hidden challenges available for players to find and complete.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on October 21st, 2013 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
Infinite PDF: Expand Presentations, Reports and eBooks with Interactivity lets users connect with audiences through a single presentation that holds multiple pathways. This allows presenters to adapt their presentations based on the feedback from the current audience, giving them multiple ways to keep the audience engaged in what they’re presenting while still arriving at the same conclusion.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on October 14th, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
HeroCraft has launched a new premium version of its strategic and tactical game, Strategy & Tactics: World War II Deluxe! Get ready to strategize throughout 5 historical campaigns and 2 new special campaigns, which includes USSR and USA confrontations in an alternative history.
This is the perfect version for those who like the free version of the game but hate the in-app purchases. There are no IAP here! Now go be the tactician you are and enjoy the campaigns and the full global multiplayer mode!
Posted by Rob Rich on October 10th, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
I think it’s safe to assume that most iOS strategy gamers rather enjoyed XCOM: Enemy Unknown when it was released back in June. I know we certainly did. But the struggle for Earth’s survival isn’t over just yet, and now even more operatives can join in the fight.
XCOM: Enemy Unknown has, at long last, received its much-touted multiplayer update. Now you can create your own custom squad made up of humans, aliens, or a mix of both, then take on friends and strangers alike in asynchronous multiplayer through Game Center. Don’t already have the game on your iOS device? Well it’s also on sale for $9.99 (down from $19.99), so this is about as good an opportunity as you’re going to get!
Shakespeare is pretty much synonymous with literary masterpieces these days, which is great. However, in all honesty one can only read the same plays so many times before the need for something “different” sets in. Hence WordPlay’s Shakespeare series, which has just released Macbeth.
What makes this version different than the rest? It’s all in the juxtaposition of text and video. See, what WordPlay does is give readers the ability to read the eBook’s text while simultaneously watching a video of the play. In this case it’s the complete play, managed by a Juilliard director and sitting right next to the words you’ll be reading. Neat, huh?
Posted by Andrew Stevens on September 30th, 2013 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
Disney Animated is celebrating the upcoming release of Disney’s new film, “Frozen.” The app features lots of chilling content which includes concept art, extended film clips, animation tests, and visual effects. It’s available to purchase for the reduced price $9.99 and will continue to be updated with more Frozen images, clips, and interactive material once the film releases this November.
Posted by Andrew Stevens on September 20th, 2013 iPad Only App - Designed for iPad
djay 2 enhances its spins with iOS 7, adding new user interface elements and enhanced audio features that allow users to use djay 2 to connect with other apps. The update also adds exclusive artist packs which is a collection of 12 audio and vocal samples that can be loaded and played during live performances. These packs include a beat kit from DJ Qbert and classic west coast sounds from Snoop Dogg.
“We are very excited about the design and audio enhancements introduced to iOS 7,” said Karim Morsy, CEO of Algoriddim. “With iOS 7, djay 2 can now easily connect with other apps using Inter-App Audio, making it an open and flexible tool for musicians and DJs. The new modern design elements of iOS 7 integrate beautifully with our award winning interface making this the most polished version of djay ever.”
Posted by Rob Rich on September 18th, 2013 + Universal App - Designed for iPhone and iPad
PCalc – The Best Calculator and its zero-cost sibling PCalc Lite have received a new theme, called “Samurai,” to go with the new OS. In addition to the new look – which is a selectable option so if you prefer to keep things the way they are that’s totally possible – the update also adds a revamped iPhone display that uses larger font sizes, dynamic type support for iOS 7, and a whole lot more which is listed below.
- Added full support for iOS 7, including a new minimalist look for PCalc.
- Added a new default iOS 7 theme, “Samurai”. The other themes are still available in the settings.
- Smarter display on iPhone, uses bigger font size when there’s fewer lines of data to display.
- The tape now shows all operations including functions, conversions, and constants.
- Added a two new layouts on iPhone that let you have the tape permanently on-screen.
- Added support for speaking actions and results on iOS 7.
- Added new digit display options.
- Added “Gas Mark” to the “Cooking” section of the unit conversions.
- Added an option for constant functions in algebraic mode – press equals to repeat the last calculation, or enter a new value and then press equals.
- Added an option to greatly increase the size of the text on all buttons.
- Added an option to use dynamic type on iOS 7.
- Added an option to hide the status bar.
- Added an option to switch off all animations.
- Added an option to switch off changing the number of display lines by swiping.
- Added a button to change all settings back to their default values.
- You can now double-tap the 2nd button to lock it in the on position.
- You can now set the current layout via the PCalc URL scheme – useful with apps like Launch Center Pro for launching PCalc in different setups. Usage is pcalc://layout/name.
- PCalc now inserts an implied equals if you start entering a new number mid-calculation.
- On the phone, tapping the display at the bottom while in settings, conversions etc. will quickly return you to the main calculator.
Dead Trigger 2 has been a go-to zombie shooter for many ever since it was released, which means that a lot of people would probably like to know about the special Easter promo Madfinger Games is having right now. Just start up Dead Trigger 2 (newest version required), log in, go to the Options menu, […]