[Unsure about UNWYND? Have a look at our review.]
Just downloaded UNWYND and not sure where to start? I don’t blame you. It’s a fun game but a little confusing, especially early on. Multiple solutions means you don’t need a walkthrough, but here are some helpful tips and tricks on how best to get the hang of everything.
- Starting out, UNWYND is so minimalistic, it can be confusing. You start out with one red block and one green. As the game explains, a swipe from the red to the green creates a red ribbon, while the same is the case in reverse.
- Swipes can occur in either direction. You can swipe up, down, left or right. The key here is to know what color ribbon you’re going to create through doing so.
- The ribbon doesn’t stop until it clashes with another ribbon. Sometimes, that’s useful, sometimes that’s a problem. Remember it’s fine to create multiple small ribbons. One that simply aids a single block can often be what’s needed in order to complete the level.
- Early on, if you mess up, UNWYND tells you to undo the move. While it won’t tell you how to do things correctly, and there’s no hint system (aww), that gentle nudge is helpful in reminding you how to do things correctly. A simple tap on the undo move button will take you back a step and you can correct your error. Particularly with these early stage, it’s usually immediately obvious what you did wrong and what needs to be done to fix it.
- Besides the undo move button, there’s also an option to restart the whole level. In more convoluted stages, this can be frustrating as you try to remember every move you made, but other times, it can quickly fix a major mess of ribbons.