[Can't decide if DomiNations is the kind of thing you'll want to sink hours into? Check out our review.]
Have you just downloaded DomiNations and you're trying to figure out the best way to progress? Here are some helpful tips and tricks to give you the edge in battle.
- Explore! Explore so very much - Clear surrounding forests whenever you can. It gives you more room to develop your civilization but it also uncovers more animals for you to hunt, gold chests to loot, mines to excavate, and even ancient ruins. Those ruins are particularly great as they unlock crowns - the premium currency in this game.
- Build new houses whenever you can - They get expensive but they mean you have 2 more citizens at your disposal each time. These then give you the means in which to complete more tasks at once, which inevitably leads to more profit for you!
- Hunt everything as often as possible- It might seem like a waste of time pursuing bunnies and deer, but what you gain from them really adds up fast. It’s good to be busy.
- Food and money are everything - Follow that ethos by maxing out your farms, mills, merchants, and markets at all times. They passively give you more of both resources, and do add up fast.
- Keep your base neat - It’s easy to move stuff around and you’d be wise to keep everything connected via the road network, thereby giving you more gold. Walls are great for slowing down enemy attacks too.
- Use crowns sparingly and intelligently - Only use them for long winded things rather than because you’re impatient. Having said that, if you know you’re going to be away from the game for an extended time, sometimes it’s handy to burn some crowns so you can accomplish a couple of things before you go.
- Keep an eye on upgrade timers - Once any upgrade has less than five minutes to complete, you can boost its progress for free, finishing it off quickly. Use that often.
- Raid smart - Raiding other players is the fastest way of earning resources but don’t rush into it. Wait till you’ve got sufficient powers of your own to fight back when they take revenge.