It’s nut gathering season, meatbags! I’ve put together a special update while you prepare to get all stocked up for winter.
My Shortcuts app integration is more powerful than ever before, with new actions that allow you to use a custom location in your workflows, retrieve data points for specific days of the week, and more. For details, visit the FAQ in my shortcuts customization screen.
I’ve hacked my way into radar stations across Europe, so I now have full radar coverage for the UK, Ireland, Germany, Northern France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland, and Luxembourg. Sorry, Albania, maybe next time.
Apple Watch Complications (Premium Club required)
There are a plethora of new options for Series 4 watch faces, including a Sunrise/Sunset complication for the circle slot and Fahrenheit + Celsius complications for the circle and corner slots. The Wind and Pressure complications for the circle slots also got a makeover.
Apple Watch Weather Maps (Ultrapremium Club required)
Not only do my wrist-based weather maps load much faster than ever before, you can now select map layers and use the digital crown to zoom in and out. The new dark theme maps are easier to read, too!
Now go, my meatbags, go and gather as many nuts as you can lay your hands on! You're going to need them come winter.
** Winner of Apple’s Editor’s Choice award on the Mac and featured by The New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN, Wired, & more! **
Accurate and Detailed
Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data gives you quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. Or just tap anywhere for more meteorological goodness.
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue, characters, and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Premium Club users can sign up for severe weather alert and daily summary notifications, and Apple Watch users can also receive warnings about incoming precipitation. (Severe weather alerts are only available in the US. Daily reports work worldwide. Precipitation notifications are available in the US, UK, and parts of Canada.)
Watch in awe as the next big storm bears down on your house with CARROT’s trusty radar (for the US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, and Germany) and satellite (for the rest of the world) maps. Plus, Ultrapremium Club users get access to future radar, lightning strikes, and 12 additional map layers!
Want to disable CARROT's personality? You can turn her into a 100% professional weather app! And Premium Club members can customize every last data point that CARROT displays to show the weather data that you care about.
View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past. DeLorean not required!
Ask Siri about upcoming weather or use forecast data to build complex workflows in the Shortcuts app.
Follow clues to hunt down 44 secret locations - like the Moon, the Pyramids, and Chernobyl.
Unlock 34 achievements by experiencing weather events, traveling around the world, and using different features in the app.
In addition to a full weather app and notifications, you also get colorful complications for your watch face. (Note: Premium Club subscription required to unlock background data updates, notifications, and complication customization features.)
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• Weather Underground data source available as an upgrade
• Severe weather alert and daily summary notifications
• Precipitation notifications via CARROT Weather for Apple Watch
• Radar and satellite maps
• Apple Watch app with complications
• Siri shortcuts
• Today widget
• 6,000+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 44 secret locations
• 34 achievements
• 24 alternative app icons
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
CARROT Weather uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The Premium Club subscription provides additional features like notifications, customization, an alternative weather data source, and Apple Watch background updates. The Ultrapremium Club subscription provides all the features of Premium Club, plus additional weather map layers and alternative data source access for Apple Watch users. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
- March 19, 2015 Initial release
- April 25, 2015 New version 1.1
- May 02, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 06, 2015 New version 2.0
- September 22, 2015 New version 2.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- November 02, 2015 New version 2.2
- July 21, 2016 New version 2.5
- November 06, 2016 New version 3.0.3
- November 17, 2016 New version 3.1
- September 21, 2017 New version 4.1.2
- December 01, 2017 New version 4.3
- December 01, 2017 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 20, 2017 New version 4.4
- February 14, 2018 New version 4.5
- April 19, 2018 New version 4.6.2
- May 31, 2018 New version 4.6.3
- July 06, 2018 New version 4.7
- July 13, 2018 New version 4.7.1
- July 30, 2018 New version 4.7.2
- August 13, 2018 New version 4.7.3
- September 19, 2018 New version 4.8.1
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.2
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.3
- October 04, 2018 New version 4.8.4