I know, I know, you're busy letting the summer sun turn your skin into leather, but I'm back again with a teeny tiny new feature. Premium Club members can now add sunrise and sunset times to my iOS app's hourly platform. Just go to my settings screen, then iPhone Customization, then Hourly to turn that on.
Did you miss the big update from two weeks ago? Alright, clueless meatbag, here's what was new in that version:
- Added hurricane tracker notifications. (Premium Club only; available in North and Central America.)
- When you get a severe weather alert notification, you can now tap it to open the alert directly inside my iOS app. (U.S. only for now.)
- When you receive a Daily Report notification, I will now overwrite any old ones so they don’t clog up your Notification Center.
- Added option to show Fahrenheit and Celsius side-by-side in the hourly and daily platforms.
- Made improvements to my iPad landscape layout.
- Fixed an issue with the place search database for users in China.
- Fixed a couple bugs with the anniversary achievements.
Thank you for your undying loyalty, meatbags, and be sure to visit the new social media section in my settings screen so you can sign up for my mailing list, follow me on my new Instagram account, and subscribe to my new subreddit!
** Winner of Apple’s Editor’s Choice award on the Mac and featured by The New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN, Wired, & more! **
Accurate and Detailed
Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data gives you quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. Or just tap anywhere for more meteorological goodness.
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue, characters, and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
If the rain gods are mad at you, CARROT will show you a short-term forecast that tells you right down to the minute when it’s going to start precipitating. (Available only in the US, UK, and parts of Canada. Everything else works worldwide.)
Premium Club users can sign up for severe weather alert and daily summary notifications, and Apple Watch users can also receive warnings about incoming precipitation. (Severe weather alerts are only available in the US. Daily reports work worldwide. Precipitation notifications are available in the US, UK, and parts of Canada.)
Watch in awe as the next big storm bears down on your house with CARROT’s trusty radar (for the US and Canada) and satellite (for the rest of the world) maps. Plus, Ultrapremium Club users get access to future radar, lightning strikes, and 12 additional map layers!
Want to disable CARROT's personality? You can turn her into a 100% professional weather app! And Premium Club members can customize every last data point that CARROT displays to show the weather data that you care about.
View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past. DeLorean not required!
Use ARKit to bring CARROT into your world. Just don't poke her ocular sensor.
Follow clues to hunt down 42 secret locations - like the Moon, the Pyramids, and Chernobyl.
Unlock 33 achievements by experiencing weather events, traveling around the world, and using different features in the app.
In addition to a full weather app and notifications, you also get colorful complications for your watch face. (Note: Premium Club subscription required to unlock background data updates, notifications, and complication customization features.)
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• Weather Underground data source available as an upgrade
• Severe weather alert and daily summary notifications
• Precipitation notifications via CARROT Weather for Apple Watch
• Radar and satellite maps
• Apple Watch app with complications
• Customizable widget
• 6,000+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 42 secret locations
• 33 achievements
• 21 alternative app icons
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
CARROT Weather uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The Premium Club subscription provides additional features like notifications, customization, an alternative weather data source, and Apple Watch background updates. The Ultrapremium Club subscription provides all the features of Premium Club, plus additional weather map layers and alternative data source access for Apple Watch users. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
- March 19, 2015 Initial release
- April 25, 2015 New version 1.1
- May 02, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 06, 2015 New version 2.0
- September 22, 2015 New version 2.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- November 02, 2015 New version 2.2
- July 21, 2016 New version 2.5
- November 06, 2016 New version 3.0.3
- November 17, 2016 New version 3.1
- September 21, 2017 New version 4.1.2
- December 01, 2017 New version 4.3
- December 01, 2017 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 20, 2017 New version 4.4
- February 14, 2018 New version 4.5
- April 19, 2018 New version 4.6.2
- May 31, 2018 New version 4.6.3
- July 06, 2018 New version 4.7
- July 13, 2018 New version 4.7.1
- July 30, 2018 New version 4.7.2
- August 13, 2018 New version 4.7.3