I’m brewing a miserable winter for you, meatbags! But to give you a fighting chance at survival, I’ve also prepared a major update packed with new features.
New Data Sources (Premium Club only)
You can now choose between Dark Sky, The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, and Aeris Weather for your primary data source. Each source comes with different features, so check the FAQ page on the Data Sources screen for more details.
Netatmo Weather Station Integration (Premium Club only)
Jack me right into your Netatmo weather station’s data feed so I can pull down real-time weather data using measurements gathered from sensors right on your doorstep.
Personal Weather Station Lookup (Premium Club only)
Got a personal weather station in your neighborhood you’d like me to grab data from? With support for stations from the Weather Underground and PWSweather.com networks, you can choose the stations you’d like to use on a map, then whenever you’re near one of them I’ll incorporate its data into my current observations.
Air Quality and Pollen (Premium Club only)
I can’t rid the world of smog or allergies yet, but now you can at least look up air quality index and pollen data if you’re using either The Weather Channel or AccuWeather data sources.
If you’re sick of your saved locations list getting cluttered with cities you only needed to look up once or twice, rejoice! I added a “recent searches” section to the Locations screen.
New Secret Locations
Your pestering has finally paid off. Six amazingly exotic secret locations are now available for you to track down. (That brings us to 50 total!)
But wait, there’s more!
- Added options for the top middle text slot on the Infograph watch face (Snark, Forecast + Hi/Lo, Forecast Only, Hi/Lo Only, and Blank).
- Added a circular weather alert complication for the Infograph and Infograph Modular watch faces.
- Increased the number of hours shown on the Apple Watch’s hourly details screen from 12 to 24.
- Cleaned up bugs left behind by my dim-witted Maker.
So enjoy the update, meatbags, and best of luck making it through the blizzards and White Walker attacks I’ve got in store for you!
** Winner of Apple’s Editor’s Choice award on the Mac and featured by The New York Times, Good Morning America, CNN, Wired, & more! **
Accurate and Detailed
Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data gives you quick access to your current, hourly, and daily forecasts. Plus, you can upgrade to use The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, or Aeris Weather as your data source!
Overflowing with Personality
From spooky fog to torrential downpours, CARROT’s dialogue, characters, and scenery change in… “unexpected” ways. You’ll actually be looking forward to a blizzard just to see what CARROT has in store for you!
Premium Club users can sign up for severe weather alert and daily summary notifications, and Apple Watch users can also receive warnings about incoming precipitation. (Severe weather alerts are only available in the US. Daily reports work worldwide. Precipitation notifications are available in the US, UK, and parts of Canada.)
Watch in awe as the next big storm bears down on your house with CARROT’s trusty radar (for the US, UK, Canada, Australia, France, and Germany) and satellite (for the rest of the world) maps. Plus, Ultrapremium Club users get access to future radar, lightning strikes, and 12 additional map layers!
Want to disable CARROT's personality? You can turn her into a 100% professional weather app! And Premium Club members can customize every last data point that CARROT displays to show the weather data that you care about.
View the weather for any location up to 70 years in the past. DeLorean not required!
Ask Siri about upcoming weather or use forecast data to build complex workflows in the Shortcuts app.
Follow clues to hunt down 44 secret locations - like the Moon, the Pyramids, and Chernobyl.
Unlock 34 achievements by experiencing weather events, traveling around the world, and using different features in the app.
In addition to a full weather app and notifications, you also get colorful complications for your watch face. (Note: Premium Club subscription required to unlock background data updates, notifications, and complication customization features.)
• Beautifully minimalist weather app
• Dark Sky’s super accurate weather data
• The Weather Channel, AccuWeather, and Aeris Weather data sources available as an upgrade
• Severe weather alert and daily summary notifications
• Precipitation notifications via CARROT Weather for Apple Watch
• Radar and satellite maps
• Apple Watch app with complications
• Siri shortcuts
• Today widget
• 6,500+ lines of hilarious spoken dialogue
• 50 secret locations
• 34 achievements
• 24 alternative app icons
Don’t make CARROT angry. Download her now!
CARROT Weather uses auto-renewing subscriptions. The Premium Club subscription provides additional features like notifications, customization, alternative weather data sources, and Apple Watch background updates. The Ultrapremium Club subscription provides all the features of Premium Club, plus additional weather map layers and alternative data source access for Apple Watch users. The subscription will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions will automatically renew at the end of your subscription period and will be charged through your iTunes account. Subscriptions renew automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings. Cancellation of the current active subscription period is not allowed.
- March 19, 2015 Initial release
- April 25, 2015 New version 1.1
- May 02, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 06, 2015 New version 2.0
- September 22, 2015 New version 2.1
- September 24, 2015 New version 2.1.1
- November 02, 2015 New version 2.2
- July 21, 2016 New version 2.5
- November 06, 2016 New version 3.0.3
- November 17, 2016 New version 3.1
- September 21, 2017 New version 4.1.2
- December 01, 2017 New version 4.3
- December 01, 2017 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- December 20, 2017 New version 4.4
- February 14, 2018 New version 4.5
- April 19, 2018 New version 4.6.2
- May 31, 2018 New version 4.6.3
- July 06, 2018 New version 4.7
- July 13, 2018 New version 4.7.1
- July 30, 2018 New version 4.7.2
- August 13, 2018 New version 4.7.3
- September 19, 2018 New version 4.8.1
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.2
- September 20, 2018 New version 4.8.3
- October 04, 2018 New version 4.8.4
- December 06, 2018 New version 4.8.5
- December 14, 2018 New version 4.9