148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: SHALLOW CHARM :: Read Our Full Review >>
Cute but ultimately a little too simple, Pixel Cup Soccer might entertain for a brief time but it's a little too shallow for anything weightier than that.
What's NewThis new version features important improvements on the game controls:
- The virtual control now gives visual feedback when you move it.
- There is a clearer difference between a push pass and a chip pass. To do a push pass you tap the pass button very briefly. To do a chip pass you tap the pass button for a longer moment, just like you do with the shot button to get a power shot.
- The short range push passes have also been improved in speed and accuracy.
Other changes include a new app icon and several minor bug fixes and improvements. Also, the help screen is now displayed before the first game you play.
App DescriptionβFans of the pixel art style will love this game.β β TouchArcade.com
β...charming and worth coming back to again and again.β β TouchArcade.com
ββ¦wind your way through the defense and get a good shot on net.β β iLounge.com
Pixel Cup Soccer is a retro-style arcade soccer game with simple controls, 16 national teams to play, friendly matches, competitive cup mode, a local player-versus-player matches on the same device, and more to come in future updates.
- Simplified controls - shoot, pass and run your way to victory
- Pick-up and play with clean and challenging gameplay.
- Retro-style pixel art game resembling classic 8-bit games, evoking nostalgia.
- Play as one of 32 national teams -Argentina, Brazil, Cameroon, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Nigeria, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Uruguay or USA.
- Choose one of these teams and lead them to the Pixel Cup Championship.
- Local player-versus-player mode on the same iPad.
- Customize your match time and speed.
- Face off in different weather conditions and stadiums.
- Compete with your friends for a high score in the leaderboard (with Facebook posts).
- Share your replays with Everyplay.
The controls of the game are simple but fun. Use a virtual control pad and only two buttons to shoot, pass and run. Curve your best shots on goal by pressing up or down while shooting.
Pixel Cup Soccer has the following game modes:
- Friendly Game: Play a single game against the computer.
- Championship: Try to lead your chosen national team against the computer to win the championship in a βRound of 16β format .
- Local PvP: Take on your chosen opponent - on the same touchscreen! (only on iPad).
If you like the game, you can also play Pixel Cup Soccer: Maracanazo Crush Brazil, a free game with a very special challenge: Crush Brazil and score the maximum number of goals within a one-minute match. Each goal you score adds 14 seconds to the match. But beware... if Brazil scores a goal, you lose!
June 24, 2014 New version 1.2
May 28, 2014 Initial Release