148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: CARRY ON, WAYWARD SON :: Read Our Full Review >>
Wayward Souls is a roguelike-inspired action-RPG that sets a high bar for other games to compare to.
What's New- HOTFIX: Endless Mode Leaderboards fixed
- Big new dungeon added: Endless Mode. A max difficulty dungeon with random floor types. See how far you can get!
- Gamecenter Scoreboards added for Endless Mode. Shows your character used, their hat, and what floor you got to.
- MFI controller support, including support for menus and the tutorial. Please send feedback on this!
- Save export/import like in Mage Gauntlet, for now. Looking into a better save sync for a future update.
- By popular request: Boss healthbars at the bottom of the screen.
- More hats.
- New "Support" section in extras.
- Gnome dating simulator buried in the Super Secret Credits Level.
- Coin magnet is now stronger, kicks in faster.
- More or less impossible to achieve secret hat added, deep in Endless Mode.
- Adjusted Flame Trap timing. They're "off" a little longer now.
- Mines are just slightly more visible.
- New rare enemy group.
- Fixed a big bug that mostly prevented them from appearing.
- Statue buffs last between level transitions.
- Getting "Protection" also protects your other buffs.
- Rogue's Fake Out upgrade is now completely revamped.
- Dashing through an enemy for first time places a decoy of yourself.
- Decoy works like the mage's item, Walwin's Frock
- Using a lantern now roots you in place for 0.4 seconds.
- All lanterns now do 20-40% more damage, depending on type. We may adjust these numbers later.
- Normal lantern: 33% more damage. Shadow lantern: 40% more. Wispfire lantern: 20% more.
App DescriptionNote: The new leaderboard seems to be busted right now. We'll fix this in a quick mini-update.
**Wayward Souls will raise to $6.99 USD on Monday, due to this second big update. Every time we do a big content update, we will raise the price by a dollar. We plan to do more big updates.**
Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Third update is being planned! More dungeon modes, more achievements, and some requested features!
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
September 14, 2014 New version 1.22
September 04, 2014 New version 1.20
June 30, 2014 New version 1.12
June 23, 2014 New version 1.10
April 24, 2014 Initial Release