148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: CARRY ON, WAYWARD SON :: Read Our Full Review >>
Wayward Souls is a roguelike-inspired action-RPG that sets a high bar for other games to compare to.
What's New- iOS 8 hotfix for data wipe
- Screen rotation fixes
- Screen size fixes
Note: We missed a crash bug for iOS 8 in this update. We're submitting a hotfix soon. More details in description.
App Description*Note: We tracked down and are currently fixing an iOS 8 issue where the game may crash after beating a boss and going downstairs. Submitting a hotfix for this soon, with more recovery support codes. ALSO, you can use the support code "dabigunlock" to fix the crash, but it will also unlock everything.*
Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Third update is being planned! More dungeon modes, more achievements, and some requested features!
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
October 18, 2014 New version 1.24
September 14, 2014 New version 1.22
September 04, 2014 New version 1.20
June 30, 2014 New version 1.12
June 23, 2014 New version 1.10
April 24, 2014 Initial Release