148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: CARRY ON, WAYWARD SON :: Read Our Full Review >>
Wayward Souls is a roguelike-inspired action-RPG that sets a high bar for other games to compare to.
What's New- Re-added screen flip settings
- Fixed a bug with fourth dungeon badge not being awarded
App Description**Wayward Souls is now at $5.99 USD, after the update. Every time we do a big content update, we will raise the price by a dollar. We plan to do several updates.**
Wayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
*Designed for iPhone 4 or iPad 2, and later devices.*
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Second Update Plans: MFI controller support, some sort of save sync, boss health bars, more character tweaks, Rogue buffs, and more! You can reach us on twitter or facebook to give requests or feedback on the game:
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
June 30, 2014 New version 1.12
June 23, 2014 New version 1.10
April 24, 2014 Initial Release