148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: CARRY ON, WAYWARD SON :: Read Our Full Review >>
Wayward Souls is a roguelike-inspired action-RPG that sets a high bar for other games to compare to.
What's New- iOS 8 crashing bugs when clearing a dungeon fixed.
- New achievements added.
- The Prologue tutorial level will no longer play every time the app is restarted. You can still replay the tutorial via the Extras menu.
App DescriptionWayward Souls is an action-adventure game built for quick playthroughs and massive amounts of replay value. It was inspired by Spelunky, Secret of Mana, and our previous game, Mage Gauntlet.
Procedurally generated random levels mean that every time you play the game, it's a different experience. Control one of six characters, all with their own unique playstyles, abilities, and equipment. Explore and fight for survival, in combat where your tactics, positioning, and timing matter.
- Fancy control scheme with no virtual buttons or sticks to fumble over.
- Unlock new areas, for increasingly punishing difficulty.
- 13 area types, all with different monsters, potential traps, and rare encounters.
- Each character can find equipment combinations that change their gameplay.
- Victory is based on your increasing skill as a player, not solely on grinding.
- No IAP ever, even for the hats. All content updates will be free for our fans.
- Unprecedented scope and variety for an action-adventure game on iOS, maybe anywhere.
Third update is being planned! More dungeon modes, more achievements, and some requested features!
@rocketcatgames or www.facebook.com/rocketcatgames
November 13, 2014 New version 1.26
October 18, 2014 New version 1.24
September 14, 2014 New version 1.22
September 04, 2014 New version 1.20
June 30, 2014 New version 1.12
June 23, 2014 New version 1.10
April 24, 2014 Initial Release