Major Update: LIVER! This update adds a big batch of new special characters, including FINALLY having a reference to your favorite anime. It also includes new weapons, a new perk and trait, new customization options, and more! Full list of changes:
- 6 new recruitable Special Characters!
- New Perk: Pyromaniac. You get a blowtorch that regens between missions, and immunity to fire. You can pair this with Phoenix to retain fireproofing after your first death, or combine it with Specialist to get a recharging Napalm Launcher! Have fun
- New Trait: Fast Learner. Start with low skills, but gain double points to Shooting, Medical, and Mechanical skill every time you get a respective skillup for one of these. This effect stops at 4 in each skill, and if you get a skillup at 3, you'll still shoot straight to skill 5
- MORE UNLOCKABLE HATS added, with conditions for unlocking them
- Added more hair and head options, and new skin color options. The weirdest ones are not used by the random character generator, but you can use them in the Custom Character maker and as Familiar Characters
- New Rare Location: MILITARY DEPOT. Lots of zombies, lots of explosives
- New Rare Trader
- New Arcade Machine added to the Arcade Rare Trader Camp
- New Weapon: Golden Axe
- New Weapon: Heavy Golden Axe
- New Rare Trading Camp: PREPPER PARADISE
- New Weapon: LIL' DAWG
- New Weapon: Golden Pistol
- New Weapon: Survival Knife
- Trader that sells higher ammo versions of the Bazooka, Grenade Launcher, and Napalm Thrower
- BIG DAWG is now sold in PREPPER PARADISE, for a cheaper price
- Healing Spray XL with 10 charges instead of 3
- New Event: Turret Thief
- 4 anime reference characters that temporarily summon 4 other anime reference characters
- BROOMY, who gets a very special attribute that may be hard to figure out at first
- DELTA, the supersoldier/dog, who is a dog/supersoldier trained by the US GOVERNMENT to have enhanced combat potential and super-accuracy with firearms
Tweaks and Fixes
- Giant buff for Sacrificial Altars. In exchange for losing 2 health, a surviving character now gets Strength, Fitness, AND Shooting instead of just a chance for one of those. If someone dies to the altar, in addition to the previous loot table, it will also give the entire rest of the team a point in strength, fitness, or shooting at random
- CIVILIZED NERF: Only gives 1 point in medical and 1 point of mechanical now. Still gives the extremely overpowered combo of good personality stats, though
- GNOMEY REVAMP (blaring siren)
- Gnomey no longer gets maxed medical, a MASSIVE NERF
- Gnomey now summons temporary allies at a high chance whenever he hits a zombie, a MASSIVE BUFF
- Gnomey has a small chance to summon many things at once
- Gnomey has a chance to summon the Punch Quest guy, who stays for the entire mission
- Punch Quest gauntlets shoot punch energy
- Secret method for getting 2 Punch Quest gauntlets that can be equipped by anyone
- Fireman (Rare Trader Camp Recruit) buffs
- Fireman now takes 15 food to recruit instead of 10
- Fireman gets a recharging Napalm Launcher like a Pyromaniac + Specialist does, at around level 2 recharge. Their napalm launcher has 20 max capacity instead of 25
- Fireman gets a max slot capacity of 2, down from 3, but a lot better than the 1 you'd get with Pyromaniac + Specialist
- Superdogs can now bark without dropping their weapon
- Shotgun Seller now sells Double Barreled Shotgun instead of BIG DAWG
- Rambeux Knife buffed from 1 to 0.7 cooldown
- The Road Pause Menu now lists the speed of your car
- Temporary characters now drop their weapons when they disappear
- Blowtorch and Napalm Thrower are now both unbreakable
- Hekatarius event can now give fireproofing to solo survivors
- Pukeyballs are buffed, due to OVERWHELMING demand. They stack higher now
- All temporary summons are now set at MAXIMUM AGGRESSION SETTINGS. This includes Pukeyballs, chickens, robots, and Stamps
New content update added! More updates coming, see below for details.
Death Road to Canada is a Randomly Generated Road Trip Action-RPG. You manage a group of jerks as they explore cities, find weird people, and face up to 500 zombies at once. Everything's randomized: locations, events, survivor personalities and skills. There's a different story every time you play.
Travel the Death Road from Florida to Canada, the last nation on Earth. Find special events, rare encounters, and unique recruits. Recruit a grunting super-bodybuilder who's strong enough to pick up and throw the car. Try to teach a dog how to walk upright and shoot a minigun.
Most of all, get eaten by enormous hordes of slow, classic-style zombies.
DEATH ROAD FEATURES:
- Designed for massive amounts of replay value.
- Character Maker lets you put friends and family into the game.
- Meet your custom characters during your travels. Get them eaten by mistake or on purpose.
- Make tough choices in text events that change depending on your group.
- Your team has different personalities, and someone may betray the others. Be careful!
- Lots and lots of secret events and unique characters with special abilities.
- Equip a wide variety of different weapons. Splat zombies with a flamethrower, battleaxe, hockey stick, wizard staff (lightning bolt), Mjolnir, boomerang, and much more.
- Canada jokes written by a real Canadian so they're 100% accurate.
- Get rid of all humans and make an entire team composed of dogs driving the car.
- Airhorn weapon with incredibly realistic, computer-generated airhorn sounds.
We've already done lots of updates, and there are more updates coming! We're adding new features, locations, characters, weapons, and more!
- March 22, 2017 Initial release
- March 26, 2017 New version 1.01
- April 13, 2017 New version 1.02
- May 18, 2017 New version 1.04
- May 18, 2017 Price increase: $7.99 -> $8.99
- August 27, 2017 New version 1.1
- August 27, 2017 Price increase: $8.99 -> $10.99
- January 06, 2018 New version 1.22
- January 06, 2018 Price increase: $10.99 -> $11.99
- March 21, 2018 New version 1.23
- June 14, 2019 New version 1.26
- June 14, 2019 Price increase: $11.99 -> $14.99
- June 16, 2019 Price increase: $11.99 -> $14.99
- September 24, 2019 New version 1.27
- November 12, 2020 New version 1.29
- August 06, 2021 New version 1.3