- Added clarification on Events showing in sidebar (need to have opened iPhoto Library in Aperture).
***** "The best possible way to learn iPhoto."
***** "Another excellent tutorial. Highly recommended."
Learn how to organize your photos with iPhoto, previously know as iPhoto '11, with 50 Easy-to-Follow Videos totaling over 4 hours.
This all-new tutorial covers the Mavericks version of iPhoto (version 9.5) included on every new Mac and includes 50 how-to videos on iPhoto for OS X. The videos cover everything from the interface to importing your photos to using faces and places to assigning keywords to sharing online including Facebook. Everything you need to organize, edit, and share your photos.
Find out how to:
- use Photo Stream
- import your photos from your camera and desktop.
- have iPhoto recognize faces in the photos.
- apply places to your photos.
- create smart albums that will add your photos to it automatically.
- assign keywords to your photos.
- rate your photos with 1 to 5 stars.
- hide your photos that you don't want to show but you also don't want to delete.
- edit your photos with enhance, straighten, rotate, red eye reduction and more.
- see what information the camera put with the photo like camera, exposure, and type.
- create slideshows.
- create books including changing the number of photos on a page.
- create cards to send to family and friends.
- create calendars including putting photos on individual days.
- do more with iPhoto!
- Windowed Interface
- Full Screen Interface
- iPhoto Preferences
- Viewing Photo Data
- Selecting Photos
Importing and Organizing
- Importing from a Camera
- Importing from Photo Stream
- Importing from a Computer
- Organizing by Events
- Organizing by Albums
- Organizing by Faces
- Organizing by Places
- Tagging Photos with Keywords
- Flagging Photos and Videos
- Rating Photos and Videos
- Adjust Date and Time
- Making Batch Changes
- Hiding Photos
- Deleting and Restoring Photos
- Duplicating Photos for Versions
- Comparing Two or more Photos
- Rotating Photos
- Enhancing Photos
- Fixing Red-Eye
- Straightening Photos
- Cropping Photos
- Retouching Photos
- Comparing Before and After Edits
- Trimming Video Clips
- Adding Effects
- Histogram Levels
- Exposure, Contrast, Saturation
- Definition, Highlights, Shadows, Sharpness, and De-noise
- Temperature and Tint
- Creating Books
- Creating Calendars
- Creating Cards
- Creating Slideshows
- Exporting Photos
- Sharing Online
- Using the Media Browser
- Ordering Prints
Photo Library First Aid
- January 24, 2014 Initial release
- February 12, 2014 New version 1.01
- February 12, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- February 16, 2014 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99
- March 03, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $3.99
- March 09, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- March 11, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- March 17, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- March 25, 2014 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- April 04, 2014 Price increase: $4.99 -> $6.99
- April 08, 2014 Price decrease: $6.99 -> $4.99
- April 20, 2014 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- April 26, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- May 17, 2014 Price decrease: $3.99 -> FREE!
- May 20, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- June 30, 2014 Price increase: $2.99 -> $9.99
- July 16, 2014 Price decrease: $9.99 -> $4.99
- August 13, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- August 19, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- August 25, 2015 Price increase: $3.99 -> $4.99