Updated and refreshed UI
If you have any questions about SafeEats can be sent to [email protected]
Grocery shopping can be a tedious task for families with food allergies, but SafeEats makes it easier. With SafeEats, anyone can quickly scan a barcode, determine if the food is safe to eat, and quickly make their purchasing decision. This expedites the shopping process and reduces error, helping keep family members safe from allergens.
- Record necessary food allergies
- Scan food barcodes and be alerted of any potential risks
- Read full list of product ingredients
- Search products by UPC number
- Access history of past scans
- Share allergies with build-in email feature
SafeEats won the top grand jury prize at The Next Web Kings of Code Hack Battle in October 2013. The app also won a Mashery API prize. Our thanks to both organizations.
SafeEats is a tool and uses the FoodEssentials API to access food allergen data. Some products and allergies may not be included, and SafeEats is not liable. Use your free scans to see if this app will work for you before purchasing unlimited scans.
- May 23, 2015 New version 2.5
- October 16, 2014 New version 2.1
- September 16, 2014 New version 2
- August 01, 2014 New version 1.2
- June 15, 2014 Initial release