Added support for iOS 8.
Fixed a possible crash when the app starts.
Added an age-check to protect access to the web and the App Store.
• Stories and poems you bring to life!
• Winner of a January 2013 Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review
• An interactive animated storybook of poems originally published by the award-winning Living Books
With The New Kid on the Block, Wanderful's first interactive poetry book, children are encouraged to learn the meaning of words by exploring poems. They'll meet an ugly dog, a leaking baby and the exploding Bloders. They giggle at the antics of a chorus line of 40 dancing bananas and laugh as fearless Tillie eats her fiery chilli. And much more!
In this irresistible collection of 18 hilarious poems, Jack Prelutsky displays an unerring instinct for subjects that appeal to children (of all ages). In this collection are poems touched by magic and brought to life with characters that talk and move and sing and dance. Wonderful worlds, begging to be explored open up at each turn of the page. With sound effects, music, humor and lots of animations, it's a whole new learning experience.
Reading skills grow through word recognition. Words, phrases and lines can be highlighted individually; they are then read aloud, and animations convey their meaning.
• Eighteen poems, with 59 fully animated pages
• Virtually every word on each page comes to life when tapped
• Words, phrases and lines can be highlighted individually; they are then read aloud, and animations convey their meaning
• Words are "active" for extended word play and language learning - tap on any word to hear it spoken
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Two modes: "Read to Me" and the fully interactive "Let Me Play"
• Multiple settings to further customize the App for your child's reading experience
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of The New Kid on the Block Classroom Activities guide
• The full 45 page The New Kid on the Block Classroom Activities guide is available as an in-app upgrade
Jack Prelutsky has been delighting children for years with his poems, and while Jack has published over 1,000 poems in about 70 volumes, some of his most loved verses are to be found in The New Kid on the Block and he himself has read four of the selections in this App. Since the publication of The New Kid, Jack's imagination has delved into the realm of dragons, scrambled animals, outer space, and even an "ordinary" day at school.
Wanderful's goal is to help children discover a lasting love of language through story exploration. We hope The New Kid on the Block provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful fun as they explore some of Jack Prelutsky's best poetry.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. This app:
• does not collect any information
• does not contain ads
• contains in-app purchases and does allow you to purchase other Wanderful storybooks
• has active links to websites or social network from pages targeted at parents
• uses analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
- June 03, 2014 Initial release
- October 25, 2014 New version 1.1