What's NewImproved handling for poor network conditions.
App DescriptionDr Jon Kabat-Zinnâ€™s Series 1 â€“ NOW available as an app!
The Series 1 mindfulness meditation app constitutes the core practice curriculum of mindfulness-based stress reduction (MBSR) in the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, USA.
Hundreds of thousands or even millions of people have used these meditations to develop and sustain a meditation practice based on mindfulness, and to benefit from its stress reducing, healing, and transformational potential when practiced regularly.
â€¨After 35 years in the form of first audiotapes and then CDs, these Series 1 guided mindfulness meditations are now available as an app due to popular demand. The content of the app is identical to that on the tapes/CDs. The meditations can be used in conjunction with Dr. Kabat-Zinn's book Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness (2nd edition, 2013).
1. Body Scan Meditation (45 minutes): The body scan is a closely guided journey through your body as you bring moment-to-moment awareness to every region in turn.
2. Mindful Yoga 1 (45 minutes): A gentle sequence of mindful hatha yoga postures, which help build strength, balance, and flexibility in both body and mind.
3. Sitting Meditation (40 minutes): Detailed guidance and instruction for the practice of mindfulness meditation in a formal sitting posture. Sitting meditation is the traditional formal core practice of mindfulness meditation.
4. Mindful Yoga 2 (45 minutes):â€¨ A different sequence of mindful hatha yoga postures, including many done standing.
About Jon Kabat-Zinn:
â€¨Jon Kabat-Zinn, Ph.D., is a meditation teacher, writer and scientist. He is Professor of Medicine emeritus at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, where he was founder (in 1979) and former director of its world-renowned Stress Reduction Clinic and founding Executive Director of the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society.
Together with his colleagues, Jon Kabat-Zinn has published numerous scientific papers on the clinical applications of mindfulness in medicine. His work has been featured in the Bill Moyers PBS special, Healing and the Mind, as well as on Oprah, Good Morning America, and in numerous print media.
Jon Kabat-Zinn is the author of:
* Full Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress, Pain and Illness
* Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life
* Coming to Our Senses: Healing Ourselves and the World Through Mindfulness
* Arriving at Your Own Door, Letting Everything Become Your Teacher
* Mindfulness for Beginners
* Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting (co-author, with his wife Myla)
*The Mindful Way Through Depression (with Williams, Teasdale, and Segal)
* The Mind's Own Physician (editor together with Richard Davidson)
* Mindfulness: Diverse Perspectives on its Meaning, Origins, and Applications (editor with Mark Williams)
MindfulnessApps is a Swedish company dedicated to making mindfulness practice of the highest quality easy accessible to the world. The company consists of Psychologist, mindfulness teacher and Master of Engineering Martin StrĂ¶m and Psychologist, author and mindfulness teacher Johan Bergstad.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and visit www.mindfulnessapps.com for more info.
If you have any technical problems with this app, please let us know and we will do our very best to help you: email@example.com. Please email us your phone type and specify the problem you have. Thank you.
March 14, 2014 New version 1.4
November 15, 2013 New version 1.3
October 28, 2013 New version 1.2
October 10, 2013 New version 1.1
September 26, 2013 Initial Release