- Minor bugs have been fixed.
- The addition of the tracking feature: now you can create your own route by saving your movements. The app automatically removes unnecessary information (optimizes the route) and stores the tour you've followed in the device's memory. The only thing left for you to do is to add pins with additional information (text, photos and links).
PinMyWAY, a location based application, provides ready-made self-guided independent walking routes throughout individual cities of the world. In addition, this application is a fully functional tool to create your own routes with an option to publish them in open access.
You no longer need to study mountains of literature and an infinite number of online resources to gather information about a place you are to going to visit. You are offered ready-made routes, with the most popular attractions of a city marked on them and with ways paved between them.
- The app is 100% free of charge - no costs for downloading, no in app purchases;
– You can create and manage your very own walking tours by simply using your iPhone: draw the line for the route, mark your points of interest (by placing the pins), take your own photos of them and insert those. You also have the option to import available ready-made ones via GoogleMaps (just insert the required reference);
- The city tours are easy to read and self reliant. just follow the blue line and learn about the attractions marked – read the text and look at the photos. As you follow the route, your current location will be displayed on the map. Plus, you can also use the Compass Feature which shows you direction and exact distance from where you are located on the route to where you would like to go;
- The city tours are customizable. As a more experienced traveler you might want to add/ delete some pins or take your own photos of them and insert those into the route. PinMyWAY allows you to do all that;
- There’s no need for an Internet connection. Cache the route you want and offline you go (no traffic whatsoever);
- Information is the key. You get access to basic descriptions of the pins and if you want more, PinMyWAY offers direct links to other resources (available in the online mode).
PLEASE NOTE: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- June 16, 2014 Initial release