Another big update!
+ Mini bosses (start after defeating all 12 bosses)
+ More interesting enemies (spike balls, anyone?)
+ Colour blind support (shapes as well as colours for upgrades)
+ New skill challenge leaderboards
--> Compete against your friends at unusual challenges
+ Referral system overhaul
--> Bigger rewards
--> No content locked solely behind sharing anymore
+ You can use in-game currency to unlock the one-off bonuses
+ visual ice effect when ship is frozen
+ Moved description window arrow in garage for iPhone (was blocking grid)
+ crash after completing all achievements (sorry!)
+ bug where high scores sometimes weren't saved to Game Center
+ some other small ones
Update: Now featured in "Best New Games" and "What We're Playing" in the app store!
One man's junk is another man's galactic battleship...
In this addictive arcade-style twin stick space shooter, you (a disgruntled waste collector) salvage the debris from each round of your destructive rampage to piece by piece transform your humble space-garbage-truck into a starship worthy of your cause.
Build increasingly better ships to unleash powerful weapons and gadgetry -- lasers, giant ball-and-chains, anti-gravity orbs, heat seeking missiles, magnets, freeze rays and more -- against endless waves of enemies and huge, modular bosses.
You'll never survive. But if you're going down, you're taking as many of them with you as you can. See how long you can continue the anarchy!
4.5/5 -- TouchArcade.com
#1 Paid App (Dec 11th, 2013)
"...you'll find this game incredibly rewarding. There's a bit of an art to playing this game well, and that's something that doesn't come along terribly often"
Editor's Choice, TouchGen.net
"...an incredibly fun hectic romp in space where you smash, shoot and laser anything that moves ... a game well worth sinking your time and money into"
4/5 -- 148apps.com
"Starborn Anarkist is the perfect example of classic arcade game goodness, with a sprinkling of zany madness."
9/10 -- Gamereactor.dk
"When I first turned on the game, it ate up four hours of my evening. Starborn Anarkist is simply a small mobile-pearl." [translated]
Voted Game of the Week by TouchArcade members
- December 11, 2013 Initial release
- July 16, 2014 New version 1.1
- August 04, 2014 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- August 07, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- August 28, 2014 New version 1.2
- September 21, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- September 22, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- August 02, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- August 04, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- December 25, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- January 19, 2016 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- July 03, 2016 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- July 07, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99