Few updates in this release:
- You can now support our partners Breast Cancer Fund and Campaign for Safe Cosmetics in our app.
- Bug fixes: Fixed several most commonly reported issues, feel free to leave us feedback and we'll try to help!
As always, feedbacks and suggestions are welcomed, email us at [email protected]
Think Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. It’s an independent source that allows you to compare products as you shop. Just scan the product barcode and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, track dirty ingredients and shop for cleaner options
• Barcode Scanning: over 305,000+ cosmetics and personal care products majority from Canada and the U.S. are currently in our database.
• Dirty Meter® a comprehensive rating is given, along with detailed (but easy-to-understand) information on ingredients, certifications, and health impacts.
• My Bathroom Rating: keep track of what’s already in your bathroom. Learn your current bathroom rating, and track your progress on “cleaning” it up.
• Shopping lists: save products to make shopping faster and easier.
• Buy it now: buy products directly from Amazon.com or Amazon.ca
• UPC Submission: Are we missing a product? Scan and submit a barcode for us to look into. For registered users who submitted products, we thank you and will notify you once they are in our database.
As mentioned in:
25+ Apps To Make Your Everyday Life Easier – TED Blog
7 New Beauty Apps You Need to Download Now – Allure Magazine
26 Underrated Apps Every Twentysomething Should Download Right Now – BuzzFeed
The Beauty And Fashion Apps You Need To Download, ASAP – Glamour Magazine UK
Fast Company, Huffington Post, TED Blog, Allure Magazine, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, New York Magazine, Consumer Reports ShopSmart Magazine, Global News, Toronto Star, City TV, CTV, App Central, Brit + Co, Refinery 29, Telegraph Stella Magazine, The Guardian, Design Taxi, Women 2.0
“It helps me make informed choices on products that I am bringing home.”
– TED Blog Staff, Kyle Shearer
"Tse's quest for greater transparency is personal. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor, so she's sensitive to hidden dangers in the products around us."
– Fast Co. Exist
"Think Dirty miiiight be the best app ever" – Grist
"Buying safe cosmetics has never been easier." – Ecouterre
"Brilliant idea: 'Think Dirty' app tells you the ingredients in your cosmetics."
– Inside.com Jason Calacanis
"Think Dirty is an app that makes figuring out exactly what you’re slathering on your face, lips, bod (and, yikes, then washing down the drain) as easy as snapping a picture."
– Brit + Co.
"An App That Helps You Find the Safest Make-up."
– The Atlantic
"With a tool like Think Dirty, consumers can help find and promote good companies that are using nontoxic ingredients. You shouldn’t have to be a toxicologist to know how to find safer products."
– Janet Nudelman, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
"I love knowing the health impact of what's on my bathroom shelf. Every consumer of beauty products needs this free app"
– Karina Birch, Founder of Rocky Mountain Soap
As a small team, we are working diligently to accommodate the overwhelmingly positive amount of users' submissions (especially from our EU users) to our database.
We appreciate constructive feedbacks. Please email us at [email protected] if you have comments or suggestions.
- June 18, 2014 Initial release
- August 02, 2014 New version 1.6
- September 04, 2014 New version 1.7
- October 18, 2014 New version 1.7.1
- October 27, 2014 New version 1.7.2
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.7.3
- December 12, 2014 New version 1.8
- January 04, 2015 New version 1.8.1
- February 22, 2015 New version 1.8.2
- June 05, 2015 New version 1.8.3
- July 29, 2015 New version 1.8.4
- September 30, 2015 New version 1.8.5
- November 24, 2015 New version 1.9
- January 20, 2016 New version 1.9.1
- February 25, 2016 New version 1.9.2