What's NewThis update we made minor improvements and set a solid foundation for many awesome things to come in future. Download, scan, shop clean and think dirty! Email email@example.com for ideas and suggestions, we love hearing from you.
Till next time, xo.
Think Dirty Team
App DescriptionThink Dirty is the easiest way to learn about the potentially toxic ingredients in your cosmetics and personal care products. Itâ€™s an independent source that allows you to compare products as you shop. Just scan the product barcode and Think Dirty will give you easy-to-understand info on the product, its ingredients, and cleaner options.
- Barcode Scanning: over 105,000+ cosmetics and personal care products majority from Canada and the U.S. are currently in our database.
- Dirty Meterâ„˘ a comprehensive rating is given, along with detailed (but easy-to-understand) information on ingredients, certifications, and health impacts.
- My Bathroom Rating: keep track of whatâ€™s already in your bathroom. Learn your current bathroom rating, and track your progress on â€ścleaningâ€ť it up.
- Shopping lists: save products to make shopping faster and easier.
- UPC Submission: Are we missing a product? Scan and submit a barcode for us to look into. For registered users who submitted products, we thank you and will notify you once they are in our database.
As mentioned in:
Fast Company, Huffington Post, The Atlantic, PSFK, New York Magazine, Marie Claire UK, Global News, Toronto Star, City TV, CTV, App Central, Brit + Co., Refinery 29, Telegraph Stella Magazine, The Guardian, Design Taxi, Take Part Live, Mother Nature Network, Vitamin Daily, eHealthNews, Women 2.0
"Think Dirty is an app that makes figuring out exactly what youâ€™re slathering on your face, lips, bod (and, yikes, then washing down the drain) as easy as snapping a picture."
- Brit + Co.
"Think Dirty miiiight be the best app ever" - Grist
"Buying safe cosmetics has never been easier." - Ecouterre
"Tse's quest for greater transparency is personal. Her mother is a breast cancer survivor, so she's sensitive to hidden dangers in the products around us."
â€“ Fast Co. Exist
"An App That Helps You Find the Safest Make-up."
â€“ The Atlantic
"With a tool like Think Dirty, consumers can help find and promote good companies that are using nontoxic ingredients. You shouldnâ€™t have to be a toxicologist to know how to find safer products." Janet Nudelman, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
"I love knowing the health impact of what's on my bathroom shelf. Every consumer of beauty products needs this free app" - Karina Birch, Founder of Rocky Mountain Soap
As a small team, we are working diligently to accommodate the overwhelmingly positive amount of users' submissions (especially from our EU users) to our database.
We appreciate constructive feedbacks. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have comments or suggestions.
August 11, 2014 New version 1.6
February 22, 2014 New version 1.3
January 29, 2014 New version 1.2
November 30, -0001 Initial Release