- You can now share items from other applications using Sync! Using the "share" or "open in" button in another application, you can add items directly to a Sync folder. This could be anything from pictures in the Photos app to a document you created in Pages.
- In another application, you can now open and edit files that are in a Sync folder. For example, you can use Numbers to open a spreadsheet that you synced to your device.
- Photos and videos can now be viewed full screen in Sync with onscreen options to clear the locally cached file, delete it from the folder, or open it in another application.
- All information and actions for a Sync folder can now be accessed by clicking the "circle i" icon to the right of the folder's name.
- Design and usability improvements.
- Performance improvements and minor bug fixes.
Sync lets you share your files directly from device to device without using the cloud. Sync photos, videos, presentations, PDFs, and more with unlimited sharing capacity and no folder size limits.
Sync links your devices with a private identity, which means your information is never stored on servers in the cloud. Sync skips the cloud to keep your data secure and transfers files up to 16x faster.
On-demand access to all of the synced folders on your Mac, PC, or NAS device allows you to sync your files only when you need them to save space on your iOS device.
• Access your folders and files from your iOS device.
• Add photos, videos, docs, and other files to any of your synced folders directly from other apps.
• Automatically backup your Camera Roll to a folder on your computer to protect your memories.
• Files are encrypted in-flight to keep them private and protected.
• Your information is never stored on a server in the cloud.
• Take a picture of a QR code to easily connect to folders on other devices.
• Sync large folders on-demand.
Sync 2.x introduces lots of great features:
• Ability to cancel pending file transfers.
• Back up your linked devices in two taps.
• Change which devices you back up to at any time.
• Peer list of connected devices visible for each folder.
• View details for each folder including size, number of files, last synced date, and other helpful info.
• Updated user interface and performance improvements.
To get the best performance and to avoid running up your data charges while syncing folders, we recommend leaving the "Use Cellular Data" setting off.
Please note that BitTorrent Sync is a personal file syncing application. It is not compatible with torrent file sharing applications.
- August 30, 2013 Initial release
- September 19, 2013 New version 1.1.118
- November 10, 2013 New version 1.2.29
- November 23, 2013 New version 1.2.36
- December 30, 2013 New version 1.2.42
- January 14, 2014 New version 1.2.47
- March 06, 2014 New version 1.2.52
- April 03, 2014 New version 1.3.25
- April 21, 2014 New version 1.3.35
- May 15, 2014 New version 1.3.40
- May 27, 2014 New version 1.3.41
- August 31, 2014 New version 1.4.35
- September 16, 2014 New version 1.4.60
- October 12, 2014 New version 1.4.71
- November 03, 2014 New version 1.4.96
- November 04, 2014 New version 1.4.97
- November 05, 2014 New version 1.4.103
- January 29, 2015 New version 1.4.104
- March 04, 2015 New version 2.0.24
- March 06, 2015 New version 2.0.25
- March 26, 2015 New version 2.0.26
- April 16, 2015 New version 2.0.27
- June 10, 2015 New version 2.0.28
- June 26, 2015 New version 2.0.29
- August 06, 2015 New version 2.1.0