MATH 42 helps students from the 5th to the 12th grade with math — starting with homework to the preparation for tests — by (1) presenting intelligent recommendations, showing how to solve a problem, by (2) giving detailed, illustrated step by step solutions, and (3) a Training and Test Mode that allows you — thanks to statistics — to evaluate your progress and improve yourself. Problems and Solutions can be posted on Facebook or sent per eMail.
Mathematics and expensive tutoring are the Nr. 1 problem of parents and students. MATH 42 is the answer to this problem by basically eliminating the need for an expensive tutor. It is always close at hand and accessible thanks to its offline operation.
NEW: The entire functionality including the training exercises and tests are comprised in the purchase price.
Assessment Center (from Version 1.5)
• More than 380 exercises available per topic and level.
• Training Mode for exercising, with the possibility to go through each problem step by step afterwards.
• Test Mode for a realistic evaluation of your math skills.
• Tests comprise between 5 and 20 exercises depending on topic and level, which have to be solved at a stretch.
• Test evaluations and statistics allow you to look at your progress over time.
• The red-yellow-green display makes it even easier to spot your strengths and weaknesses.
• Tests und exercises have been compiled in collaboration with experienced private math tutors, educators and teachers.
• Simple entry of problems including variables, parameters and numbers - as simple as a normal calculator without complicated commands.
• Intelligent suggestions - show you how a problem can be solved using different paths organized by methods used.
• One touch suffices to get the answer step by step, like with a good math tutor, including the possibility to hide and show specific steps.
• Detailed explanations for every step and every notion.
• Intelligent plotting function - Zeros, maximums, minimums, turning points, asymptotes and areas of definitions of functions are displayed.
• Innovative calculator - processes variables and numbers in an expression and displays its calculations step by step in a comprehensive simple way.
• Free choice of the unknown when solving an equation or deriving a function
• Sharing function - Problems and step by step answers can be posted on Facebook or sent by eMail for a receiver to import onto his MATH 42 with just one click.
• Automatically saves all problems.
• Help adapted to context.
• Simplification of terms - simplification of signs, summery of terms, factorization and binomial expansion of terms, rearrangement of terms ...
• Fractions: Addition, multiplication, simplification, reduction of complicated fractions.
• Linear equations
• Equations including fractions
• Quadratic equations
• Systems of linear equations
• Derivation: Sums, degrees, products, quotients, chains, powers, roots, trigonometry....
• Graphic curve sketching
• MATH 42 works without templates or preformed answers.
• The problem at hand is solved on-the-spot, like a real math tutor.
• MATH 42 is an algebraic system that works symbolically.
• MATH 42 uses artificial intelligence (intelligent propositions and answers...).
• MATH 42 does not require a internet connection. It operates completely offline.
• The entire intelligence behind MATH 42 is included within the program.
- August 01, 2013 Initial release
- August 20, 2013 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
- September 09, 2013 New version 1.1
- September 21, 2013 New version 1.1.1
- January 23, 2014 New version 1.5
- February 18, 2014 New version 1.5.1
- March 08, 2014 New version 1.6
- May 14, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- May 20, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- June 28, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- September 26, 2014 New version 1.7.1