Welcome to Yonder v3.4! We’re absolutely stoked about this release - read on to find out what’s new!
* A completely redesigned registration experience for new users! Do you remember the day that you downloaded Yonder? That special day when you first stepped through the tutorial? The distant memory of when you created your very own Yonder account? Maybe you loved it, or maybe it confused you, but that process is a part of life for every one of our users, and we wanted to make it the best thing ever. So we did! We constructed some beautiful tutorial illustrations to teach new users what the app is all about, and how it can help them to find amazing new experiences in the outdoors. We also designed an entirely new process for creating an account, and it clears up a number of common points of confusion that had tripped up a few of you. It’s awesome, beautiful, and totally slick - it’ll make you wish that you could become a new Yonderer all over again!
* Speaking of signing up for an account, did you ever wonder exactly why we request permission to use your location? Or why we want to send you notifications? Maybe not, but we wanted to clear up any confusion, so we now present new users with a bit more info and context as to what’s happening when we ask for device permissions. Three cheers for transparency!
* Maybe the most important update is, of course, a brand new splash screen (a.k.a. app loading screen, a.k.a. logo screen, a.k.a. Carl von Lupito) for your viewing pleasure! We’ve seen some amazing photos come out of the various #YonderMeetups that have gone down over the past couple of years, but one of our favorites was taken by Eric Larsen (@ELExplore) up at Slide Lake, CO, last month during an amazing star-gazing session. It represents everything that we love about the Yonder community, and we think it’ll inspire you as much as it inspired us. Open the app now to check it out!
* Finally, we made a ton of small improvements and crushed an epic number of bugs with our mighty bug-hammer in this release, including a bunch of great stuff in the destination feed, capture process, and our fancy new Discover page. Find something that we missed? Hit us up at [email protected]! We’d love to hear from you.
That’s it for Yonder v.3.4 - we think you’re gonna love it!
***Featured Best New App in the App Store
***Featured Best New App - Social Networking
***Featured New Year New You 2015 Homepage Banner
***Featured Apps for the Great Outdoors
Plan your next adventure with Yonder. Created for everyone—from backyard explorers to backcountry adventurers—Yonder connects you to the people, places, and experiences that inspire.
Want to go on a hike? Maybe kayaking? How about rock climbing? Simply launch Yonder and it'll show you the places and experiences that are all around you!
· Discover thousands of geo-located images and videos around the globe
· Share your adventures through photos and videos
· Search or browse our database of over 20,000 destinations
· Explore 25 activities
· Follow bikers, hikers, climbers, skiers and more from around the world
· Browse a feed or explore the map
· Like and post comments
· Share directly to Facebook, Twitter, email, and iMessage
· Keep lists of all your favorite experiences and destinations
Download Yonder for free and get out there!
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- August 04, 2014 New version 2.0.20
- September 16, 2014 New version 2.0.24
- November 06, 2014 New version 2.0.25
- January 05, 2015 New version 2.1
- March 06, 2015 New version 3.0
- April 16, 2015 New version 3.1
- May 23, 2015 New version 3.2
- June 24, 2015 New version 3.3
- July 02, 2015 New version 3.3.1
- August 13, 2015 New version 3.4