Thank you to all our fans who purchased and fell in love with Duet.
This update includes a new “Encore Mode” available now as a separate purchase.
In the future our updates will be a mix of free challenges and separately purchased content to enable us to continue to deliver updates to Duet. Remember, you can contact us via this email: [email protected]
- 30 new incredible stages & new narrative.
- Two new game changing mechanics that will expand your mind.
- Jojo Petrina returns to voice this new narrative.
- All-new music from composer Tim Shiel.
Get ready to open your mind again with Encore.
New “Encore Chapters” available now as a separate purchase. Experience 5 new chapters with new game features, narrative, vocals and music tracks!
Enter a mesmerising trance of co-dependence in Duet. The rules are simple: control two vessels in sync, survive against all odds and keep calm.
Best, Most Elegant iPhone Games of the Year 2013 - The New Yorker
Grand Prize Winner, Best Action, Best Audio - Intel Level Up
Best Design, Best Audio - Australian Game Developer Awards
Best Design - IGF China
PAX 10 & PAX East Indie Showcase Selection
Mobile Game of the Year 2013 - Kotaku
4.5/5 - Touch Arcade
4.5/5 - 148 Apps
4.5/5 - App Smile
"...few other games are as fun when you succeed." -- The New Yorker
"It feels as designed as a raindrop, and just as perfect." -- Ben Kuchera, Polygon
"Duet does what the best video games do." -- Kotaku
"Highly Recommended." -- Penny Arcade Report
"Duet looks hard as nails. And I love it." -- Touch Arcade
"Duet is a must-have." -- 148 Apps
"Shiel's soundtrack ... is as innovative as the game it scores." -- Jake Cleland, The Vine
"Your eyes, ears, and thumbs were built to perform this Duet together." -- Indie Games
"...Duet's plaintive and melancholic aesthetic imbues it with a sense of the profound." -- CVG
"But while the aesthetic of Duet is familiar, the gameplay is all new." -- Pocket Gamer
"It is fantastic." -- Tim Rogers
"Duet on iOS. Instant love. Instant." -- Mark Serrels
Your survival is dependent on protecting two vessels - they are devices in sync, a dance and song between two entities tethered together in symbiosis. Feel edge of your seat terror where the world around you becomes quiet and numb as all that matters is the game living between your palms -- that is Duet.
% NINE CHAPTERS
Experience nine chapters of deceptive narrative and nerve-twisting gameplay. Unlock the bonus Survival chapter for endless score chasing delight. Replay any stage to perfect your movements and unlock over 25 Game Center achievements. This is a game that will test you.
% EIGHT NEW EPILOGUE CHAPTERS
Explore a whole new narrative with all-new game mechanics in our new “epilogue” to Duet. Including over 40 new stages, new narrative and new remix tracks. You will need a new state of mind to complete this experience.
% PERFECT GAMEPLAY
With air tight controls and gameplay that’s tuned to perfection Duet provides the perfect balance between challenge and pure gaming satisfaction. Touch either side of the screen to twist your vessels and avoid everything in your path. Remember: even that which begins simple can end complex.
% HYPNOTIC AUDIO
An outstanding handcrafted soundtrack by Melbourne composer and Gotye multi-instrumentalist Tim Shiel. Nine unique and mesmerizingly beautiful compositions ensure an immersive experience for you at every step of your journey, complemented by full in-game vocal narration by Jojo Petrina.
% FULLY FEATURED
- Full iCloud support - sync your progress across all your devices.
- Universal App - play on your new iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini.
- Compete with Game Center on the leaderboards.
% ABOUT KUMOBIUS
Selected for the Indie Showcase at PAX Aus and a finalist in both Game Design and Audio for the Freeplay Festival. This is another award-winning title from the team behind Time Surfer & Bean’s Quest. We call Duet a “Hex-like” in honour of Terry Cavanagh’s contribution to the medium of games and exploration of genres.
% ABOUT TIM SHIEL
Tim Shiel is a composer/producer based in Melbourne. Tim is known to some as Faux Pas, the moniker under which he released a steady stream of constantly shifting electronic music for many years. He is also known for his work as a broadcaster at Melbourne independent radio station 3RRR FM, and for his recent role as multi-instrumentalist in Gotye's live band.
Say [email protected] we’d love to hear from you! And follow us on Twitter: @kumobius
- February 27, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- February 18, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- February 12, 2015 New version 3.0
- December 21, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- December 01, 2014 New version 2.2.0
- November 19, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 15, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 14, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- September 15, 2014 New version 2.1.1
- August 02, 2014 New version 2.0.0
- May 09, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- April 23, 2014 New version 1.2.0
- March 27, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- March 20, 2014 New version 1.1.0
- March 20, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- March 12, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 27, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- October 23, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- October 11, 2013 Initial release