Just a small bug fix release:
- Fixed a bug with Achievement notifications.
Don't forget, you can say [email protected] we’d love to hear from you! Or follow us on Twitter: @kumobius
Enter a mesmerising trance of co-dependence in Duet. The rules are simple: control two vessels in sync, survive against all odds and keep calm.
Best, Most Elegant iPhone Games of the Year 2013 - The New Yorker
Grand Prize Winner, Best Action, Best Audio - Intel Level Up
Best Design, Best Audio - Australian Game Developer Awards
Best Design - IGF China
PAX 10 & PAX East Indie Showcase Selection
Mobile Game of the Year 2013 - Kotaku
4.5/5 - Touch Arcade
4.5/5 - 148 Apps
4.5/5 - App Smile
"...few other games are as fun when you succeed." -- The New Yorker
"It feels as designed as a raindrop, and just as perfect." -- Ben Kuchera, Polygon
"Duet does what the best video games do." -- Kotaku
"Highly Recommended." -- Penny Arcade Report
"Duet looks hard as nails. And I love it." -- Touch Arcade
"Duet is a must-have." -- 148 Apps
"Shiel's soundtrack ... is as innovative as the game it scores." -- Jake Cleland, The Vine
"Your eyes, ears, and thumbs were built to perform this Duet together." -- Indie Games
"...Duet's plaintive and melancholic aesthetic imbues it with a sense of the profound." -- CVG
"But while the aesthetic of Duet is familiar, the gameplay is all new." -- Pocket Gamer
"It is fantastic." -- Tim Rogers
"Duet on iOS. Instant love. Instant." -- Mark Serrels
Your survival is dependent on protecting two vessels - they are devices in sync, a dance and song between two entities tethered together in symbiosis. Feel edge of your seat terror where the world around you becomes quiet and numb as all that matters is the game living between your palms -- that is Duet.
% NINE CHAPTERS
Experience nine chapters of deceptive narrative and nerve-twisting gameplay. Unlock the bonus Survival chapter for endless score chasing delight. Replay any stage to perfect your movements and unlock over 25 Game Center achievements. This is a game that will test you.
% EIGHT NEW EPILOGUE CHAPTERS
Explore a whole new narrative with all-new game mechanics in our new “epilogue” to Duet. Including over 40 new stages, new narrative and new remix tracks. You will need a new state of mind to complete this experience.
% PERFECT GAMEPLAY
With air tight controls and gameplay that’s tuned to perfection Duet provides the perfect balance between challenge and pure gaming satisfaction. Touch either side of the screen to twist your vessels and avoid everything in your path. Remember: even that which begins simple can end complex.
% HYPNOTIC AUDIO
An outstanding handcrafted soundtrack by Melbourne composer and Gotye multi-instrumentalist Tim Shiel. Nine unique and mesmerizingly beautiful compositions ensure an immersive experience for you at every step of your journey, complemented by full in-game vocal narration by Jojo Petrina.
% FULLY FEATURED
- Full iCloud support - sync your progress across all your devices.
- Universal App - play on your new iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and iPad mini.
- Compete with Game Center on the leaderboards.
% ABOUT KUMOBIUS
Selected for the Indie Showcase at PAX Aus and a finalist in both Game Design and Audio for the Freeplay Festival. This is another award-winning title from the team behind Time Surfer & Bean’s Quest. We call Duet a “Hex-like” in honour of Terry Cavanagh’s contribution to the medium of games and exploration of genres.
% ABOUT TIM SHIEL
Tim Shiel is a composer/producer based in Melbourne. Tim is known to some as Faux Pas, the moniker under which he released a steady stream of constantly shifting electronic music for many years. He is also known for his work as a broadcaster at Melbourne independent radio station 3RRR FM, and for his recent role as multi-instrumentalist in Gotye's live band.
Say [email protected] we’d love to hear from you! And follow us on Twitter: @kumobius
- October 11, 2013 Initial release
- October 23, 2013 New version 1.0.4
- February 27, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- March 12, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- March 20, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $1.99
- March 20, 2014 New version 1.1.0
- March 27, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- April 23, 2014 New version 1.2.0
- May 09, 2014 New version 1.2.1
- August 02, 2014 New version 2.0.0
- September 15, 2014 New version 2.1.1
- November 14, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- November 15, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- November 19, 2014 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- December 01, 2014 New version 2.2.0
- December 21, 2014 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- February 12, 2015 New version 3.0
- February 18, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
- February 27, 2015 Price increase: FREE! -> $2.99
- May 21, 2015 New version 3.1
- May 21, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- May 31, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- July 16, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- August 02, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99
- September 16, 2015 New version 3.4
- September 17, 2015 New version 3.5
- November 16, 2015 New version 3.6
- November 26, 2015 New version 3.6.1
- December 21, 2015 Price decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
- January 05, 2016 Price increase: $0.99 -> $2.99