App DescriptionMath Olympiads went public in 1979. Last year 150,000 students from 6,000 teams worldwide participated in the Olympiads. 49 of the 50 American states and about 30 other countries were represented. This contest is an internationally recognized programme and all affiliates run the same contests around the world in USA, Canada, Columbia, Iceland, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore and India. MASMO award trophies, collar pins, medallions and certificates to the top 30% (both individual and team). Your encouragement and recognition of the importance of the Olympiad goals will help your students enjoy the Olympiad program as well as make progress in becoming a problem solver.
MASMO is devoted and dedicated
1. To stimulate enthusiasm, interest and a love for Mathematics
2. To introduce important Mathematical concepts
3. To deepen understanding and strengthen the ability to use concepts
4. To teach major strategies for problem solving
5. To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
6. To strengthen Mathematical intuition and logical thinking
7. To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
8. To provide satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
9. To enrich experiences in intellectually stimulating mental activities
10. To build a stronger foundation for assessments and for future mathematics studies
Why is MASMO special?
-A Math Olympiad contest to stretch not only your students, but also your average students.
-Our Math Olympiad Contest fits nicely into the new syllabus with a high concentration on non routine problem sums – preparing for our contests helps students prepare for other Math Olympiad.
-Internationally recognized programme in USA, Australia, New Zealand, India, Columbia, Iceland and many more countries.
-In Singapore, many of the winners go on to do better at the SMOPS and have won Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards.
-The contest is expanding in ASEAN.
-Individual Results given to students, detailed ranking suitable for Singapore Direct School Admission (DSA) submission.
-Individual and Team recognition and awards at Awards Giving Ceremony.
-Simple to run – held in participating school and send back to MASMO for scoring.
-Workshops available to help students prepare.
-Contest paper in bilingual - Chinese and English.
April 02, 2013 Initial Release