• Fixed registration not showing
The King’s Head was built during the heyday of the coaching era in 1810 and the road outside would have been on one of the major arterial routes across the South Coast.
Built to meet the growing demand for the passing stage coach trade on the busy route that passed by, there would have been coaches destined for Winchester, London, Southampton, Salisbury and the West Country with an accompanying mix of local as well as passing trade. There is mention of the King’s Head as the White Horse in the book entitled A History of the County of Hampshire, published in 1908. However, it is supposed that the inn was given its present name, The King’s Head, for its close connection with the family of Oliver Cromwell.
Use our app to keep up to date with our latest News and events. You’ll receive rewards which can be redeemed at our venue and can use the in app loyalty card to earn rewards for regular use.
- July 28, 2014 New version 1.3
- June 13, 2014 Initial release