148Apps Review SummaryOur Rating: :: BROKEN BUTTONS :: Read Our Full Review >>
This zombie apocalypse sim would be fantastic if it weren't for all the rough edges.
What's New- Bug fixes that resolve several issues.
- Research & Develop advanced technologies in the Ark Supply Store's new laboratories deck.
- Decide how labs are setup for R&D and fabrication of 8 different technologies that can be sold to countries.
- Choose recruited VIP assignments to turn situations in your favour or move them to other job functions.
- Send in additional mission support types such as SuperCobras and researchable Zombie Saw turrets.
- Let your marines carry/equip a choice of 3 ranged weapons as well as prevent VIPs following them in missions.
- 'Swipe up' in-mission interfaces for easier access to mission support and marine inventories.
- See your infected marines' faces in the enhanced interface and watch as they slowly turn into zombies.
- Recoup more accurate payments based on mission success and number of zombies, rebels, VIPS, nukes.
- Prepare for enhance mission difficulty based on the quality of your safe team marines.
- Train private security contractors for huge payments.
- Change the name of your Ark and all your marines to make your zombie campaign all the more personal!
App DescriptionWar of the Zombie is a zombie outbreak strategy simulation combining turn-based and real-time gameplay across the entire world.
"A hell of a World War Z game" - pockettactics.com
"Addictive, deep, and surprisingly involving" - pocketgamer.co.uk
"The most over-the-top aircraft carrier this side of The Avengers" - kotaku.com
"A juicy display of a game" - toucharcade.com
"Frisse wind in het zombiegenre" - 9lives.be
"Extremely promising" - apperama.com
"Een ton aan diepgang en toffe gameplay" - ipdblogs.nl
WAR OF THE ZOMBIE:
As Global Operations Director of Safe Industries, take charge of its Ark Carrier and recruit marines & other personnel, purchase real-life military equipment, research advanced technologies, move across the world within range of real-time missions, nuke, scavenge, infect, bribe and defend against the world's country governments in an attempt to save humanity from the zombie pandemic and resulting chaos.
MAIN GAMEPLAY FEATURES:
- Choose, equip and drop a team of 4 marines into real-time combat
- Survive, die or turn undead in zombie-infested, fully destructible mission zones
- Pinch zoom in/out of mission zones as well as your global tactical map
- Decide how your marines develop as they increase rank & experience
- Recruit & train marines, advisors, researchers, diplomats and doctors to aid in your quest
- Research & Develop advanced technologies to aid in your missions success
- Bribe, infect, scavenge, nuke and fend off 200 countries around the globe
- Build up arsenals of real military weapons on your double-hulled command carrier
- Build specialised labs to complete R&D and fabricate technology surplus to sell
- Compete with other global players' stats through Game Center
iPhone 4, 4S, 5, iPod 5, iPad 2, 3, 4, mini.
WOTZ IS EVER EXPANDING:
War of the Zombie has been developed as a 'near' open-ended (it ends when there's no longer any surviving human population), ever expanding game with new missions, maps and features added in each update as well as our favourite fan suggestions.
We listen to all feedback and suggestions on new map & mission types as well as additional features.
** NOTE ON UPDATING FROM V1.0.0 **
If you are updating from v1.0.0, we kindly ask you to instead do a fresh install by first removing v1.0.0. This is to be sure no previous data clashes with the new update. Sorry for the inconvenience.
WHAT'S COMING IN THE NEXT UPDATE V1.2.0:
- More mission maps!
- More mission types!
- Story driven events!
BECOME A FAN:
Become a fan of War of the Zombie by liking our facebook.com/warofthezombie fan page and drop us a note on things you want to see in the next updates, comment on the game or post your best action screen caps and get your face in the game as a marine recruit!
November 13, 2013 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> FREE!
November 11, 2013 New version 1.1.2
October 14, 2013 New version 1.1.1
October 01, 2013 New version 1.1.0
September 26, 2013 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release