What's New• Updated Aviary image editor
• Updated photo browser and color picker
• Improved usage of memory for better performance
App DescriptionGet the ad-free version at
A fun, novel and automatic way to create photo collages!
In typesetting, justified text is the setting of text in a column so that the start and end of each line meets both the left and right edge.
Photo Collage performs justification of images, creating justified "photo paragraphs." In this way you can easily create beautiful rectangular collages of your photos automatically.
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, a paragraph of pictures is even more meaningful.
For example, you can use Photo Collage to create pictorial food recipes. Or a photographic diary of your vacation. Generally any chronologically ordered photo set is a good application of a justified layout. See our website for some of our own examples.
Collage dimensions are altered by pinching in and out on the collage. Pinch vertically to alter the height, and diagonally to alter it's width. (By choosing the pinch mode, you can also use pinching to set the border width.)
Aviary provides in-app photo editing. Tap a photo in the collage to open it up in the image editor. You can enhance, filter, frame, crop, rotate, add text and more. (The original photo is not altered).
You can modify the border width of the photos, and make this border transparent, colored or a tiling of the clipboard image. (Search online for "tiled backgrounds" to get started. Then copy tiles out of your browser into Photo Collage on the "Border Color" pane. )
For best results it is recommended that you mix photo sizes. For example, if using your camera to add photos, try mixing portrait, landscape, square & panorama modes.
• Import photos from camera roll and clipboard, or shoot photos from within the app.
• Edit the collage as small as you like, so it fits on-screen, but it will always be output to maximum size (determined by available memory and selected size)
• Pinch collage diagonally and vertically to reshape it.
• The collage automatically lays out the photos so each row fits the width of the collage. (If the last row does not fit the width you can add more photos, or delete some, or reshape the collage until all rows fit as you like.)
• Reorder and remove photos in the list editor.
• Border's can be transparent, colored or a tiling of the clipboard image.
• Set pinch mode to alter collage border width or collage dimensions.
• If the collage exceeds screen bounds preview full collage by scaling to fit on-screen.
• AirDrop, email, copy, print or save collage to camera roll.
• Tap a photo to edit it in the app using Aviary.
• Edit a photo to enhance, filter, frame, rotate, crop, adjust, and much more.
• You can export all the collage photos individually to your photos album. This is useful when you use the camera to add photos to the collage, or you use the Aviary editor to modify the photos.
• Photos for the current collage are saved in the app's documents folder and optionally restored on app launch.
• You can access the collage photos using iTunes. In iTunes select your device, click "Apps" in the menu bar, then scroll down to "File Sharing" and select "Photo Collage". The photos will appear to the right. Drag them to a folder on your Mac.
• The Photos button has an item called "Clear Collage" that will remove all photos from the collage.
• The Photos button has an item called "Size To Fit Width" that will change the collage width (on screen) to match the screen width.
July 22, 2014 New version 1.2.1
October 15, 2013 New version 1.2
October 10, 2013 New version 1.1
September 26, 2013 New version 1.0.3
June 03, 2013 New version 1.0.2
April 17, 2013 New version 1.0.1
November 30, -0001 Initial Release