- Moved closer to the desktop version gameplay
- Audio improvements
- Texture quality improvements on retina devices
- Dual-stick controls removed to reflect the desktop experience
- Added splash screens and icons for more devices
- Fixed menu music bug
- iOS 8 support
Death Ray Manta is an ARENA SHOOTER for iOS devices where you blow stuff up and make pretty colours in the spirit of Minter, Jarvis and Fearon.
* NOW WITH IOS8 SUPPORT *
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the extreme graphical nature of DRM, the older devices may not like it. Please do not buy unless you are running on an iPad2 or newer, iPod 2nd gen or newer or the iPhone 4 or newer.
Official This is DRM game trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrsZi0NRi1c
Death Ray Manta is an ARCADE GAME. Two sticks and a screen full of laser beams.
Death Ray Manta is based on the acclaimed PC/Mac game of the same name. Edge Magazine  and co-star of the Eurogamer Expo 2012.
Death Ray Manta iOS received a 4 out of 5 from 148apps.com and another 4 out of 5 from DigitalSpy.com.
Death Ray Manta does not waste your time. There is no guff, no IAP, no upgrades, just a videogame. Tap to start. Score higher.
Death Ray Manta is a game about blowing up stuff. All the stuff.
Death Ray Manta is videogames.
CHECK OUT THE REVIEWS:
"It is bright, abrupt, jarring and wonderful." - Digital Spy 4/5
"Death Ray Manta is a psychedelic dual-stick shooter that fans of Jeff Minter's output and those who love pick-up-and-play games will absolutely love." - 148apps.com 4/5
Blasterifics - 5 stars
by SK177135 - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
Addictive and colourful, a great conversion of the PC game of the same name.
A tail of melted thumbs and eyeballs - 5 stars
by mrijprice - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
I'm never gonna get out of this alive! Death came swiftly. Death comes with a strange regularity. In a bunch of eye melting pixelly ways. Yours thumbs won't thank you. Your eyes won't thank you, but your brain will. How can something so pretty be so damned evil? Well, spawned from the bullet-hell spattered brain of Rob Fearon, how can it be any other way? Are games art? This question has been answered: loud and clear. Dead again. And again. And again. But progressing nicely with every game.
Excellent - 5 stars
by StephenParkes - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
On a par with Super Hexagon in the best short game experience available on iOS while also jumping into the number one dual stick shooter on iOS. This is my favourite game if the year so far and developers are going to have to work hard to wrestle that accolade away from DRM.
I need faster thumbs! - 5 stars
by Spraydough - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
Crazy fast, crazy tricky, crazy colourful, total fun! The best arena blaster I've seen for an age.
Beautiful! - 5 stars
by Krakatomato - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
One of the prettiest games on iThing and an absolute joy to play..
Awesome festival of retro shooter goodness - 5 stars
by Retroeric - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
Fast, furious, colourful, noisy, chaotic. Please sir, I cannot tell a lie, DRM is the dogs.
Very nice - 5 stars
by CorpusAbomino - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
I'm not sure if I'm winning or losing but it's pretty awesome none the less. Very Minter-esque. Good controls and nice, colourful graphics.
Soft & brutal arena shooter - 5 stars
by alienbraincookies - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 30, 2013
Hypnotic, relentless, shiny and very challenging arena shooter... Shoot the glowy death, make stuff explode. ALL the stuff! I like how you can dip in and play casually, or attempt to take it seriously and laugh as it tears your teeth out. Love your manta!
More colours than Skittles and sherbet - 5 stars
by Uvtkingy - Version 1.0.42 - Jan 29, 2013
Stuff all these awful casual games and advert ridden atrocities. This is the real deal. Do you lament the demise of your local arcade emporium, then this is for. Do you like Robotron but with many many deaths. Then this is most certainly for you. Well, i enjoyed it anyway.
- October 17, 2014 New version 1.2.41
- May 13, 2014 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- May 07, 2014 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- November 27, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $0.99
- November 19, 2013 Price decrease: $0.99 -> FREE!
- October 29, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- October 19, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- June 24, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- May 05, 2013 Price increase: FREE! -> $1.99
- May 04, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> FREE!
- April 18, 2013 New version 1.2.2
- March 19, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- March 18, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- February 28, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- February 28, 2013 New version 1.2.1
- February 09, 2013 New version 1.0.50
- February 07, 2013 New version 1.0.46
- January 31, 2013 Initial release