Pearson Writer's 4.5 release includes the addition of five new citation style languages (CSL), and critical bug and security fixes. The new style languages can be accessed when creating and editing a project and/or citing sources on both desktop and mobile. The bug and security fixes improve performance, stability, and platform security.
Get the free app as a part of your Writer subscription to manage your writing and research anywhere you go.
Manage all of your writing projects from your iPhone or iPod—get answers to your questions about research and grammar, instantly cite (search or scan) and organize your sources, keep notes, and view full-text sources while you research.
Writer gives reliable answers to all of your questions about research, documentation, grammar and other writing topics. No need to carry around a handbook or weed through search engine results. Just use the Writing Guide search engine to see relevant and clear explanations, videos, podcasts, and examples.
Manage your essays and research projects. You can keep track of your due dates, keep notes, and manage all of your sources for each project. Your “Bibliography Score” will flag any potential issues for you. And a “Progress Checklist” will help you stay on schedule from beginning to end. You can even search and view full-text journals and books so you can do your research when you’re on the go.
• Writer’s Guide: Search a comprehensive library of content on research, grammar, and writing topics. Get answers to your questions with text, video, audio, and examples.
• My Projects: Manage writing and research projects. Track due date and progress. Cite and organize sources. Check your “Bibliography Score.” Add and view notes.
• Cite a Source: Cite sources in various documentation styles, including MLA and APA. Cite books, journals, and Web sites using a simple search engine. Or quickly cite a book by holding scanning the bar code with your camera. Keep track of all your citations.
• Find a Source: Search, view, and cite full-text sources.
- June 13, 2014 Initial release
- August 15, 2014 New version 4.0
- April 15, 2015 New version 4.5