- Now with voice directions (Powered by Google Maps)
- Battery life improvements (GPS optimization)
- Autocomplete improvements
- Bookmarks are now sorted alphabetically
- Transit and street view layer improvements
- Fix for crash on launch from background
- Other minor bug fixes
- Plus all the great new features from v3.0
If you enjoy using all the new features, please take a moment to leave a review on the App Store.
iMaps+ brings Google Maps, directions and street view back to your iOS device. Powered by Google's own vector SDK, iMaps+ boasts quick load times, automatic caching of viewed areas and easy access to street view. Directions and search in English, French, Portuguese, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, Korean, Hindi and more.
- Search by address or textual query (eg 'London, UK' or 'Restaurants in New York'). In addition, you can 'radar search' the visible map area to locate places of interest such as restaurants, pubs, ATMs and more.
- Street view can be accessed from a dropped pin, search result or bookmarked location. Alternatively, drag the peg-man from the top left of the screen as per Google Maps on a desktop.
- Get step by step driving, cycling, walking and public transport directions. Choose to avoid highways or tolls and select from a number of alternative routes. For public transport, you also have the option of setting an arrival/departure time.
- Set up notifications to fire when you arrive at a specific location.
- Record journeys such as a hike, bike ride or road trip, even while the app is in the background. Recorded routes are saved and can be recalled at any time. (IAP)
- Swipe up and down with two fingers to tilt the map and access 3D views in main cities around the world.
- Map overlays including live traffic, public transport lines and indoor maps.
- Use addresses from your iPhone contacts for search and directions.
- Press and hold to drop a pin anywhere on the map.
- Bookmark important locations for quick access.
Directions, street view and live traffic details are only available in certain geographical regions.
iMaps+ is in no way associated with Google or the official Google Maps application.
** Contact [email protected] for support. Unfortunately, developers are unable to respond to reviews on the App Store. **
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
- October 14, 2014 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 10, 2014 New version 3.1
- October 02, 2014 New version 3.0
- September 19, 2013 New version 2.2
- May 16, 2013 New version 2.1
- February 19, 2013 New version 1.2
- January 31, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $1.99
- January 22, 2013 New version 1.1
- January 22, 2013 Price decrease: $1.99 -> $0.99
- January 10, 2013 Initial release