What's New- Fixed a problem where the app's navigation menu would sometimes disappear when returning from the background
App DescriptionThe first ever app set in the Discworld, from acclaimed bestselling author Terry Pratchett.
No.1 Reference app in thirteen countries
'Ankh-Morpork at your fingertips. Just remember to wash your hands afterwards!' - Terry Pratchett
Welcome to Ankh-Morpork!
There’s a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. At least, there’s a saying that there’s a saying that all roads lead to Ankh-Morpork. And it’s wrong. All roads lead away from Ankh-Morpork, but sometimes people just walk along them the wrong way. You, dear traveller, have made such a glorious mistake.
We offer up this guide to our vibrant metropolis for your information and delight.
* Two beautifully detailed, hand-drawn maps of Ankh-Morpork
* Explore a living, breathing animated map of Discworld’s most famous city with over 1,500 residents wandering the streets
* Keep an eye out for famous Discworld characters going about their business
* Find your way around with a detailed street map
* Discover over 2,000 businesses, services and landmarks
* Listen to a bespoke soundscape that ebbs and flows as you explore to match the atmosphere of the city at work.
* Navigate with ease, with a fully searchable city directory and street index
* Take a guided walking tour of famous landmarks with historian Hortensia D’Antiqua (voiced by Blackadder’s Helen Atkinson Wood)
* Read quotes from the Discworld novels
* Unlock achievements as you explore
* Deliver post for the Blind Letters Office
Features all the text from the book The Compleat Ankh-Morpork plus exclusive new illustrations, animations, audio and video.
Praise for Discworld: The Ankh-Morpork Map:
‘Great fun for fans of Terry Pratchett's fantasy series. . . they should download it immediately.’ – Telegraph
‘The app is crammed with as much information as you’d find in a posh coffee table book – plus new art and audio-visual effects. . . If you’re a Discworld fan, it’s an immense thrill to zoom in and tap on locations like Pseudopolis Yard and the various guild buildings.’ – SFX Magazine
‘The depth of content and quality of the illustrations makes it worth the price’ – MSN Tech
‘A great complement to Terry Pratchett's already amazing series. 10 out of 10’ – App Storm
‘The app features a full street directory, a stunning level of detail, walking tours, and the opportunity to do busywork for shiftless Postmaster Moist von Lipwig, as well as a full soundscape. Yes, this app allows you to hear Ankh-Morpork. Luckily, it doesn’t make you smell it.’ - Tor.com
‘Think what would happen if one of your favorite fictional cities was given the Google Maps treatment. This is that.’ – AppAddict
Praise for Discworld:
'The Discworld is warm, silly, fantastically inventive... There's never been anything quite like it' - Evening Standard
'His spectacular inventiveness makes the Discworld series one of the perennial joys of modern fiction' Mail on Sunday
July 30, 2013 Price Decrease: $13.99 -> $6.99
February 22, 2013 New version 1.0.2
November 30, -0001 Initial Release