- Local voice: HandySpeech can be used without an Internet connection now
- All 13 languages are now free and available to all users
- Multiple enhancements and improvements
TO CELEBRATE ANDROID VERSION RELEASE HANDYSPEECH WILL BE ON SALE FOR $19.99 USD through DECEMBER!
HandySpeech Is The Gift Of Voice
APPROVED: Dr. Bernard Grela, Ph.D.
Interim Department Chair
Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences
University of Connecticut
The only handwriting-to-speech application for iOS devices, HandySpeech provides people with speech and hearing disabilities a quick and easy conversational tool.
The application’s ability to translate handwritten text into spoken language makes HandySpeech easier to use and more natural than commercially available keyboarding solutions.
Because HandySpeech can be used on mobile devices, it is portable and readily accessible. The application remembers frequently used phrases, learns the user’s handwriting style, understands cursive, print and mixed writing styles and contains a dictionary for unusual words. The application generates natural sounding, best on the market male and female voices in a total of 13 languages.
HandySpeech is a valuable tool for individuals with a variety of speech and language impairments, including those who are living with oral, head and neck cancer, Muscular Dystrophy, Lou Gehrig’s disease, or autism; have experienced stroke or brain injury; and those with post-operative voice difficulties. It is quick to learn conversational tool for people with vocal cords impairments due to surgery, paralysis, vocal nodules and others.
HandySpeech can now listen too: with newly implemented speech recognition module, powered by Nuance, HandySpeech can be used by deaf and hard of hearing people for two way “verbal” conversation with the hearing individuals.
The application was created by a twelve-year-old boy who was inspired by his sister, an autistic young girl with speech disabilities. “I invented HandySpeech to give a voice to people who find it difficult to or are unable to speak,” said Eric Zeiberg. “The application is dedicated to courageous people who struggle every day to overcome their disabilities. I hope that HandySpeech will provide much needed help and open new opportunities for people in need.”
•Assistive Speech Technology
• AAC application
•Easy to use, intuitive interface, portable
•It remembers you favorite and frequently used phrases for use at the store, doctor's office, on the phone ("I am using assistive device - please be patient") - even quicker ability to say something.
•Advance handwriting recognition technology:
- corrects written words based on user's intention;
- improves ability to recognize user's handwriting over time;
•Can be used anywhere - either WIFI of Cell connection and even with NO connection
•One time payment includes iPad, iPhone, iPod and all future updates.
•Alternative keyboard input
What People are saying about HandySpeech
* "The app has given my best friend back to me. It's not my husband's voice, but it's his words"
* "A nice contribution to quality of live for speech impaired folks."
* "HandySpeech is the Gift of Voice"
* "We can't believe - it's a God send!"
* "What you have done is beyond expectation!"
* "Sounds like a winner for so many!"
* "This app will help so many who have struggled throughout their lives to be heard."
To learn more about the HandySpeech application visit www.iSpeak4U.com.
HandySpeech was created by iSpeak4U, LLC., a provider of software products and services, iSpeak4U is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life of people with disabilities through innovations in assistive technologies. Its mission is to create easy-to-use mobile applications to help people with disabilities to achieve an independent lifestyle, open new opportunities, and reach their full potential.
- January 01, 2015 Price increase: $19.99 -> $29.99
- December 02, 2014 Price decrease: $29.99 -> $19.99
- August 11, 2014 New version 4.0
- March 07, 2014 New version 3.5
- December 16, 2013 New version 3.0
- May 07, 2013 New version 2.0
- January 14, 2013 New version 1.5.1
- December 02, 2012 Initial release