OBJECT LIBRARY & ADVANCED TRANSFORMS
This update will save you so much time.
- PRE-MADE, ROYALTY-FREE OBJECTS. Hundreds of them are available for lightning quick drag-and-drop creation - from basic shapes and body forms to UI helpers, flowchart symbols and architectural stamps. Sample a few from each pack or pick them up via in-app purchase.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS are so very powerful. Distort, Skew, Perspective Warp, and Stretch your way around any selection / image / text, including all those Objects we mentioned. Yep, we’re the first app on iOS to offer the full set of desktop-class transforms. Tap any corner point to distort, any two points to warp/skew, and double-tap the selection to reset.
- DRAG ANY SELECTION to the Objects menu to copy it to your clipboard. It’s really fast.
- SCALE YOUR LINE WEIGHTS. In other words, lines can now get bigger or smaller with a pinch. While a selection is active, use the new popup menu to cycle through Stretch and Scale options.
- DID WE MENTION OBJECTS? We’ll be adding new packs at your request, and upgrading existing packs as we find more useful objects that fit. Tell us what you want!
How do the new features work? We’ve made videos! Check our YouTube channel by clicking the Videos link on the app’s help screen.
Concepts is getting better all the time, and your help is critical. Please let us know what you think of Objects and Transforms, and leave a lovely five-star review. Then, join us on our social pages for tips, inspiration, and good conversation.
Ben, David, and the Concepts Team @ TopHatch
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker and Airbrush. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to [email protected], or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
- October 18, 2012 Initial release
- November 02, 2012 New version 1.2
- November 14, 2012 New version 1.2.1
- November 28, 2012 New version 1.3
- January 19, 2013 New version 1.4
- January 31, 2013 New version 1.4.1
- March 16, 2013 New version 1.5
- July 19, 2013 New version 1.6
- August 14, 2013 New version 1.6.1
- September 17, 2013 New version 2.0
- October 09, 2013 New version 2.0.2
- November 28, 2013 New version 2.1
- December 21, 2013 New version 2.2
- January 15, 2014 New version 2.2.1
- February 27, 2014 New version 2.2.2
- April 11, 2014 New version 2.3
- April 17, 2014 New version 2.3.1
- October 06, 2014 New version 3.0
- November 03, 2014 New version 3.0.1
- November 14, 2014 New version 3.0.2
- December 20, 2014 New version 3.1
- January 24, 2015 New version 3.1.1
- February 03, 2015 New version 3.1.2
- April 29, 2015 New version 3.2
- May 10, 2015 New version 3.2.1
- July 25, 2015 New version 3.3
- August 13, 2015 New version 3.3.1
- August 22, 2015 New version 3.3.2
- November 07, 2015 New version 4.0
- November 10, 2015 New version 4.0.1
- November 14, 2015 New version 4.0.2
- December 19, 2015 New version 4.0.4
- January 16, 2016 New version 4.1
- February 19, 2016 New version 4.1.1
- March 24, 2016 New version 4.1.2
- June 22, 2016 New version 4.1.5
- July 11, 2016 New version 4.2