You can now access over 150 years of language experience at your fingertips with the new Oxford Learner’s German Dictionary app.
Oxford School Dictionaries and Thesauruses are trusted, accessible and up-to-date. All content is backed by a unique database of many million words and based on real language students use. All our dictionaries give:
* Relevant, age-appropriate language
* Support for language development and writing skills
* Example sentences and real context showing how words are used in practice
The Oxford Learner’s German Dictionary is a comprehensive dictionary for secondary schools for students aged 11-16, containing 35,000 words, translations, example sentences and language tips. This is the ideal tool to use at home or at school.
* Thousands of examples show how German is used in context
* Facts and tips provide extra information on language, life and culture
* All curriculum and exam vocabulary specially highlighted
A dictionary application from Mobile Systems with licensed content from Oxford University Press.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A ‘fuzzy filter’ when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A ‘keyword’ search for finding key words within compound words
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
A learning tool
The Oxford Learner’s German Dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to grow your vocabulary further:
* A ‘Favourites’ feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words, from the extensive library
* Your last visited words are all saved in your ‘History’, so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover more about language with the ‘Word of the day’ feature
* Fun and engaging word games like ‘Hangman’, ‘Word scramble’ and ‘Anagrams’ give the opportunity to use newly learnt words
- June 10, 2014 Initial release