- Removed a deprecated API. (Can't be having any of those.)
- Changed the font on the "about" page. (Something funny up with Hoefler Text?)
- Improved the lightning that appears the background of the main screen.
- Rearranged the code internally in order to create the Apple TV version.
- Did I mention there's an Apple TV version of Pocket Storm now? It's a joint purchase, so if you own the iOS version you can download it on the new Apple TV App Store for free!
The Pocket Storm is an environmental audio player which streams an hour-long, ever-changing thunderstorm.
It starts with a calm summer night. Soon youâ€™ll hear thunder in the distance, then wind and a spatter of rain. After half an hour youâ€™ll be in the thick of the storm. By the end of the hour it will have faded into the night again. Then the cycle begins again.
The Pocket Storm is not like other environmental audio apps. Every thunderstorm is different! Wind, rain, thunder â€” even chirping crickets â€” every sound is chosen from a library, with subtle variations of pitch and timing. The Pocket Storm weaves these elements into a tapestry of sound which will never repeat.
- A storm that approaches, surrounds you, and then drifts away.
- Elegant, uncluttered interface.
- Set the stormâ€™s duration anywhere from a sixty-minute monster down to a five-minute squall...
Â ...or hold the skies in place, and listen to the same weather for as long as you want.
- Listen with headphones...
Â ...or send audio to an AppleTV or other AirPlay device on your wireless network.
- Runs as a background audio app.
- Never-ending, ever-changing soundscape generated right on your iOS device.
Â ...(No Internet connection required!)
Pocket Storm is also available for your new Apple TV. It's a joint iOS/tvOS purchase â€“ buy either version and you can download both!
All the sounds in Pocket Storm's library are Creative Commons licensed audio samples from Freesound.org.
Use the Pocket Storm for white noise, tuning out distractions; for relaxation, meditation, or going to sleep. Tune your desert to rain, or your city street to chirping crickets.
- June 08, 2014 Initial release
- September 19, 2015 New version 1.3
- November 15, 2015 New version 1.3.1