What's NewForecast imagery is greatly improved!
• The forecast map now shows 500 millibar height contours. See how ridges and troughs steer the weather. The rain and snow textures have also been cleaned up, and the forecast clouds more closely match the infrared images.
• The new Layers menu lets you customize the map. You can hide the basemap if you just want the satellite's eye view.
• Sharing support. Send images to your friends on Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks.
• Better iPhone 5 support as well as bug fixes on all devices.
App DescriptionUpweather brings you the freshest weather imagery available for North America, and lets you animate it at your own speed. Watch hurricanes roaring in off the ocean, or thunderstorms forming in the midwest. See how the shape of upper air features steers the weather we experience.
• Swipe backwards in time to see satellite photos, updated from orbit every half hour.
• Swipe forwards to see forecast images for a week into the future. Forecast shows upper air troughs and ridges along with clouds and predicted surface precipitation.
• Keep sliding back and forth over the time periods you are interested in: the animation gets better and better.
• Use a WiFi connection for best results.
• You can also use Upweather as a beautiful desk clock showing you the most recent satellite clouds for the area of your choice.
August 21, 2013 New version 1.1.0
November 01, 2012 Price Decrease: $2.99 -> $0.99
September 22, 2012 New version 1.0.0
November 30, -0001 Initial Release