Just in time for the holidays, we have a bumper update for you all. I'm going to try my best not to make any xmas related puns or jokes, so here we go:
- added the ability for the app to download new tide data when available (also 2017 tides now available)
- added a dark theme, by default the app will now change to the dark theme at night, to save your poor eyeballs from all that glaring whiteness
- updated the design and function of the widget to support iOS 10
- fixed an issue where the top part of the screen could go light grey. No that wasn't our designer challenging your notion of the world, through the viewport of readability and exposing the human condition, it was just a bug ;)
- updated the watch app to support Watch OS 3, and added an option for it to show the current temperature instead of the forecasted maximum
- speed improvements
- lots of other various fixes and improvements
Anyway, hope you all enjoy the break and that 2017 brings you some joy :)
Australia's original and best weather app sources its data from the only place that matters: the Bureau of Meteorology.
Built by locals right here in Australia, we've spent a lot of time refining and building the weather app we all want to use. So whether you need to check what it's going to be like this week on your phone, tablet or watch, we have you covered!
For those that love details though, we have some for you:
- Detailed weather information for every suburb in Australia
- Hourly temperature predictions 7 days into the future
- All the Bureau of Meteorology rain radars
- National synoptic chart
- Tide times (with offline download support)
- All the Bureau of Meteorology warnings for around the country
- Notification support if you want to know the weather at a particular time of day, or be notified of warnings as they occur
- Glance at the weather from the App icon badge, which you can set to show you the current temp, todays maximum and many more things
- 72 hours of historical information for each location
- Universal app: supports iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
We've worked long and hard over the years to bring you the weather and version 5 continues that legacy. As always we're open to your feedback and have even more amazing updates in the pipeline.
In the meantime, enjoy the weather!
- June 16, 2014 Initial release
- December 06, 2015 New version 5.0.1
- December 20, 2015 New version 5.1
- July 11, 2016 New version 5.3
- December 21, 2016 New version 5.4