The Doctor Blood Gas app is an app that helps students and physicians to interpret the abg - arterial blood gas - test. This test is done primarily to measure ventilation and oxygenation of the blood and its interpretation is important in the diagnosis of many diseases. Download it now!
Values measured in the test:
- The acidity or basicity of the blood (ph);
- Partial pressure of carbon dioxide in the blood;
- Partial pressure of oxygen in the blood;
- Level of bicarbonate in the blood;
- Base-excess of bicarbonate in the blood.
In the app you will find:
- Different approaches;
- Hydroeletrolitic balance;
- Acid-base balance;
Also, you will find how to treat, the concept of each of the approaches and the clinical manifestations.
Many methods exist to guide the interpretation of the ABG, the most common one is the "anion gap", using the Henderseon-Hasselbach equation.
Purposes for testing:
- Diabetic ketoacidosis;
- Lactic acidosis;
- Metabolic acidosis;
- Respiratory acidosis;
- Respiratory alkalosis.
Doubts and suggestions: Please contact us at: [email protected]
- May 01, 2015 Price increase: $2.99 -> $4.99
- April 26, 2015 Price decrease: $4.99 -> $2.99
- March 17, 2015 New version 4.6
- October 03, 2014 New version 4.5
- August 07, 2014 New version 4.4
- June 16, 2014 Initial release