What's New- Enhanced weather features
- New artwork
App DescriptionThe perfect guide to help you identify and learn about these wonderful insects. The Pocket Guide to UK Dragonflies contains details of 40 examples of damselfly and 62 examples of dragonfly commonly found around the UK. You'll find information on their appearance, habitat, IUCN category, size and status as well as full colour photos. In addition there's an introduction to dragonflies and damselflies, a classification guide, tips on how to identify them as well as details of the dragonfly & damselfly lifecycle. In all there's a wealth of information for both novices and enthusiasts alike.
As with all the pocket guides, you can easily scroll through all the items by category (including thumbnail images), or use the search function. Almost all the entries have resizable colour photographs, and for each there are detailed descriptions. Any entry can be bookmarked and you can also write your own notes using the built-in editor. The guide also includes information about organisations related to dragonflies and damselflies as well as links to their websites.
Plus, as well as being able to tweet and post Facebook entries about your discoveries from within the app, there's a handy weather forecast feature so you can check weather conditions anywhere in the UK.
- List view showing all dragonflies and damselflies by category.
- Resizable colour photographs.
- Separate categories for both damselflies and dragonflies.
- Search options that let you look for entries using either text or a handy colour-picker for both primary and secondary colours.
- Ability to bookmark any entry or add your own notes to each entry.
- Social networking integration via Twitter and Facebook (you will need an account with the relevant service to use it).
- Check the weather forecast for any location in the UK.
- Information about organisations (and their websites) linked to damselflies and dragonflies.
- Create your own list of your favourites using the bookmark feature.
- A counter feature for each entry. Count sightings or whatever you like.
- Easy feedback option for queries or comments.
- Dragonflies and damselflies are delicate creatures, some of which are rare species. You should avoid interfering with them or their habitat.
September 26, 2013 Price Decrease: $4.99 -> $0.99
September 26, 2013 New version 2.0.6
August 31, 2012 New version 2.0.2
July 23, 2012 Initial Release