* Facebook *
New facebook integration. Select settings on the home screen, and look for the facebook icon. Requires iOS 6 or later.
* Twitter *
Take a picture of what you see and post it on twitter. To log into twitter, select settings on the home screen, and look for the Twitter icon. Requires iOS 6 or later.
* Show only priority places *
You can now choose to view only priority places on the screen. Go to Settings when the app is in landscape mode. Switch on "Show only priority places". See Help on how to prioritize places.
* Hotel filtering *
We have added hotels as a category. You can choose whether to turn off the display of hotels.
* Object Priority *
You can now select optimized object priority. The nearest locations will be at the bottom of the screen and the farthest at the top of the screen.
* Improved location update in map *
We fixed a bug that the position of the map was updated when it was not necessary.
* Select between the following map types: Standard, Satellite and Hybrid.
* Fixed bug with compass calibration.
* Bug fixes for devices running iOS 9 and iOS 10.
* Optimized for iPhone 6, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone 6S Plus.
What is the name of the hill you can see in the distance? What are the lakes you see in front of you? Point there with In Sight Netherlands and you'll see on the screen what they are called.
* Offline Augmented Reality in Netherlands *
See what's near you where you travel in Netherlands: Hills, Lakes, Places, Buildings, etc. You don't even have to be nearby Netherlands: You can manually set your location to a place in Netherlands to pretend you are there. Decide if you want to see places nearby, or famous cities around the world.
Works everywhere: By the sea, in the mountains, in the city. Without the internet, without coverage.
Turn the phone sideways to view on the camera screen the places that are nearby. Take a picture of what you see, and send it by email, or post it on facebook or twitter, directly from the App!
You can also add your own places!
In Sight Netherlands is also an altimeter, speedometer and also estimates the distance you've traveled. Choose between metric (km, meter) or imperial (miles, feet) units.
All data is built into the App, so you don't need internet. You only need internet when you use the map or send a picture on email or post it on facebook and twitter.
Select between the following map types: Standard, Satellite and Hybrid.
In Sight Netherlands relies on the compass and GPS of your device. Best results are achieved if you are outside.
The facebook integration requires iOS 6 or later. Select settings on the home screen, and look for the facebook icon.
The twitter integration requires iOS 6 or later. Select settings on the home screen, and look for the Twitter icon.
Note: If your device don't have a built-in compass, you cannot see the places as camera overlays (3rd generation iPod touch, iPhone 3G or older models). You can still see the places in lists and on the map.
Source: ws.geonames.org under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/)
- June 26, 2012 Initial release
- July 27, 2012 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $2.99
- August 22, 2012 Price increase: $2.99 -> $3.99
- September 15, 2012 New version 1.1
- November 22, 2012 New version 1.1.1
- June 18, 2013 New version 1.2
- July 01, 2013 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- July 12, 2013 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- December 29, 2014 New version 1.3
- August 19, 2015 Price decrease: $3.99 -> $0.99
- September 03, 2015 Price increase: $0.99 -> $3.99
- November 07, 2016 New version 2.0