This update includes significant Community feature improvements to help you train with friends and achieve your 10K goal.
- Edit your profile and display name, and see your previous workout posts.
- See a list of your followers and who you are following.
- Approve follow requests from your friends and share your workouts.
- Get notified when your followers like your workout posts and comment to cheer you on.
- Follow your friends to see their workouts in the new activity feed.
This release also includes performance and stability enhancements.
Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block are back in this follow-up to the award-winning Couch to 5K® training app (2012 Appy Award for best Healthcare & Fitness app). Designed to continue the training experience for people who finish the Couch to 5K plan, or for those who are already 5K-ready, this app uses motivating virtual coaches to get you ready to run a 10K (6.2-mile) race in 9 weeks.
Spend just 25 to 70 minutes, three times a week, for nine weeks, and you’ll be 10K-ready!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
The 5K to 10K coach you select talks to you during your workouts. To save your battery, 5K to 10K sends audio notifications when your screen is locked or another app is in use.
To be sure you hear the coach during your workout, please do the following:
• Turn on Notifications permissions
• Turn on the hardware ring/silent switch (no red showing)
• Turn your ringer volume up
• Turn off Do Not Disturb (swipe up for Control Panel and the moon button should not be white)
• Within the app, in Settings > Workout Options, be sure the Trainer Volume is up
Without granting notification permissions, during a workout you can click the lock icon at the top left to keep the app active and still hear the coach.
Get more information about the 5K to 10K app here: http://www.active.com/mobile/5k-to-10k-app
For support please contact us at: [email protected] We would love to hear from you.
• Choose from 3 different virtual coaches—Constance, Billie and Sergeant Block — who give you motivation and support in every workout
• Hear real-human audio cues to guide you through each workout
• Listen to your favorite playlists with in-app music player
• Calculate your distance & pace and map your routes with FREE GPS support (requires iPhone 4 or later and iOS 7.0 or greater)
• Gradually challenge yourself with progressively faster paces
• Log your workouts and share your progress on Facebook
• Once you purchase the app, it is yours to keep. It does not expire after 9 weeks.
- June 19, 2014 Initial release
- April 30, 2015 New version 3.3.4
- July 29, 2015 New version 3.3.6
- September 22, 2015 Price increase: $1.99 -> $2.99
- October 22, 2015 New version 3.3.7